Chapter 4

Holly’s POV

“Had I not brought her out with me tonight this never would have happened” It was at that exact moment I realized how much I hurt, not just for losing my best friend but from the physical pain that Mark inflicted on me. That asshole better be happy he is rotting in a jail cell right now because if he wasn’t I would kill him! He deserves to die! He kept her locked in that house for the last 3 months, she got to go out and he took her life because of it. Adam and James have finally stopped holding me; I think they could tell I have no more energy to fight. “Oh shit…can one of you give me a ride to Kate’s I need my car, I don’t know if I can even have my car.” Adam says “Don’t worry about it, if you can’t get your car you can use one of mine until they let you” “Thanks” was all I could say as James, Adam and I left the hospital.

I realize I have to make a phone call and I want them to hear from me not some stranger who didn't even know her. We are all in Adams car and I dial the phone number "Hello" "Hello" I say while crying, I continue "Its Holly, I am so sorry! I tried everything I could, but I couldn't save her, Mark killed her, I am so sorry Kate is dead!" Her mom is screaming noooooo nooooo nooooo, her dad picks up the phone and asked who I was and what happened, I then had to tell him too. I asked if there was anything I could do, and told them I could be on a plane tomorrow if they needed me to. Her dad said no, but to keep him as informed as I possibly can, and to tell him when it goes to trial so they can get here. 

Adam’s POV

My heart is broken for Holly, not only did she just lose her best friend, she had to call Kate's parents and tell them what happened. Holly is so strong even though she is falling apart right now.

They are not going to let her take her car from the crime scene, I have enough cars and really the worst thing she could do is crash it, and I do not see her doing that. I drove to Kate’s house and as I am standing outside I feel the guilt well up in me all over again. I am scared to leave Holly alone tonight, I keep thinking I should tell her to stay at my place or I should stay with her, but I know James will think something is up and this wouldn’t be good either. I finally get a second to pull Holly closer to me, as James talks to the officer about Holly’s car. 

I finally say “Holly I was sort of hoping that you…”

Holly’s POV

I can tell Adam wants to ask me something, and I am kind of hoping that he wants me to stay at his place because I do not want to go home, I feel like Adam gets it, he is the only other person that understands that guilt that is bottled up in my, I know he feels guilty too and I really just need someone to talk to.

Adam says “Holly I was sort of hoping that you…”

“Yes Adam” I say before he can even finish talking

“Sorry I am hoping the rest of that was that I can stay with you, because I need someone to talk to and I feel like you might be the only other person in the world that will understand what I am going through. You have no reason to feel guilty; I have no reason to feel guilty but I know we both feel it”

“Yes Holly that’s what I was going to ask” Adam says

Adam’s POV

We all get back in my car they told her they need to keep her car at least a week. Once we got to my place we all said goodbyes and she got in the car and drove a few blocks before coming back, I wanted James to leave before she came in and she totally understood.

I let her stay with me and we talked all night about the guilt we both felt and how we thought it was our faults. I think she actually understands me, even though she keeps trying to rationalize that I did nothing wrong.

 Holly’s POV

I stayed with Adam for a week, I had taken a week off of work and I was thinking it was time to go back, plus I got my car back and figured it was time for him to go back to his life and me to go back to my empty life, I still have my job, and my singing though I have not sung while I was at Adams. I felt so bad for him, but it was time to move on.

About 3 months have passed and Adam still sends me texts and stuff about once a week but we have not seen or talked to each other since the last night I was there.

It just hit me tonight I will see him again even if only for a minute. Today is a hard hard day for me I got the subpoena at work today thankfully even if I make it all the way through the voice the court case will not start till it is over.

We only have limited time to sing and I know the song Kate and I were going to sing, but I don’t think I can, all fucking day I have been torn, do I sing I turn to you, or she will be loved, but the way we sang it, I would still modify it a little.

I get to the voice and I do not know what I am more nervous about singing or seeing Adam.

Ok It’s my turn I decided to sing this one, I slightly modified it though

Beauty queen of only eighteen

I had some trouble with myself

She was always there to help me

I always belonged to someone else

Tap on your window; knock on your door

I want to make you feel beautiful

I know you tend to get so insecure

IT DOESN’T MATTER ANYMOREEEEEE

It's wasn't always rainbows and butterflies

its was compromise that moved us along, yeah

my heart is empty and my door was always open

Wish you could come anytime you want, yeah.

I didn't mind spending every day

out on your corner in the pouring rain

Looked for the girl with the broken smile

Asked her if she could stay awhile

And she will be loved

And she was lovedddddddd