Chapter 11

Holly’s POV

I spent all week holding back and it is now time…

I get a text ~ go out there and sing your <3 out tonight

Here we go

Melody

When I'm lost in the rain,

In your eyes I know I'll find the light

To light my way.

And when I'm scared,

And losing ground,

when my world is going crazy,

you can turn it all around.

Holly

And when I'm down you're there

- pushing me to the top.

You're always there,

giving me all you've got.

Melody

For a shield from the storm,

For a friend, for a love

to keep me safe and warm

I turn to you.

For the strength to be strong,

For the will to carry on

For everything you do,

for everything that's true

I turn to you.

Holly

When I lose the will to win,

I just reach for you and

I can reach the sky again.

I can do anything

'Cause your love is so amazing,

'Cause your love inspires me.

And when I need a friend,

You're always on my side

Melody

Giving me faith

taking me through the night

For a shield from the storm,

For a friend, for a love

to keep me safe and warm

I turn to you.

For the strength to be strong,

For the will to carry on

For everything you do,

for everything that's true

I turn to you.

Holly

For the arms to be my shelter

through all the rain,

For truth that will never change,

For someone to lean on,

For a heart I can rely on through anything,

For that one who I can run to...OH I turn to you

Both

For a shield from the storm,

For a friend, for a love

to keep me safe and warm

I turn to you.

For the strength to be strong,

For the will to carry on

For everything you do,

for everything that's true

For everything you do,

for everything that's true

I turn to you.

I sign the love sign up to the sky and mouth love you Kate.

Judges….let’s start with Blake…

“Wow I do not envy Adam right now, good luck man! I can’t pick so I am glad I don’t have to”

Christina I know you have to think something about these ladies singing your song…

Christina says “Well I have to say they were both great but I think there were a few parts where Melody you sort of over sang them a bit, so I would have to go with Holly”

Adam…

Adam’s POV

Damn it Holly did an amazing job; I can’t get rid of her which means more of us not acting on how we feel.

“Well first both of you did a great job, you both were definitely holding out in rehearsals and if you had sung like that I might have been able to help you notice the over singing, so I am going with Holly as the winner”

I did the right thing, why couldn’t I have done the wrong thing! No Adam you wouldn’t want to do that.

Holly’s POV

I finished and of course that was Kate’s song so I had to give the love sign and mouth love you Kate to the sky.

Oh my god I won and my first thought was I knew I could do it, thanks for all the help Kate! I love you girl.

My second thought was Damn it! More time trying to talk to Adam and not all at the same time.

But I am ready to move on to the knockout round.

They cut to commercial and I head to the back…

Incoming text

Congrats girl you were amazing out there, have you thought about your knockout song?

I text~ honestly no I have no clue what I am going to sing, at least I have 2 weeks to figure it out. <3

Incoming text

Not really you need to pick in the next day or 2 so you can practise and get through rehearsals.

I text ~well since I am heading home and getting some work done maybe I will think about it tomorrow…If I am really stuck can you help me pick a song?

Incoming text

Of course you know I will, let me know tomorrow if you are still stuck.

Adam’s POV

This is so hard to get through, but I know we will do it.

She wants help with her song. A reason to see her I hope. I am not sure that she wants to see me, it is easier to text and not be in the same room, but I am hoping she needs help and I can convince her to come over tomorrow and sing a few and I can help her.

Holly’s POV

I am home working on the court case. I keep thinking of my song choices though, I am torn on 4 or so.

God I do not want to have to rely on Adam I am trying so hard to stay away from him! I might have to talk it through with him which will mean seeing him, but I can’t pick these by myself. I think I am going to have to ask him for help. I think what I need to do is get some sleep!

I wake up at 10am, I text Adam~ I am still stuck message me if/when you have spare time to go over these stupid songs with me.  I will need a lot of time because we have to talk each one through.

Incoming message~ Any time you want to come over I am home all day just let me know when you want to get here.

I message~ I am getting in my car now then!

Adam’s POV

I am excited she is coming over, but I am going to have a tough time having her here all day. I have to keep my mind on helping her pick the song and why.