Chapter 3

Adam’s POV

“James I need you to drive me to the hospital now!”

“Adam what is going on” James asks me

“Holly called…”

“OMG Adam how bad?”

“Holly is freaking out, he hurt Holly pretty good, but Holly said Kate looked dead! She said he definitely meant to kill her”

“It’s not your fault, I can already tell that’s what you are thinking Adam, clearly he was abusive, I only talked to Kate for a few minutes and the way she talked about him he is controlling and manipulative. I don’t think even she believed he was a good guy, Dude don’t beat yourself up. I am telling you it’s not your fault”

“It is, if I wouldn’t have grabbed her phone then it wouldn’t have happened”

We pulled up at the hospital and I messaged Holly

I am here, James is with me what floor and what room is Kate in can we come up and see her?

Holly’s POV

Omg I am in so much pain I really do need to get these X-rays done, but I will not leave her here by herself.

My phone buzzes ~ they are here, now to make sure they can come in, I talk to the nurse’s desk and they ok them to come up, but she informs me the police want to talk to me and Adam. I said “As soon as they get up here I need to have these x-rays done and get whatever medical treatment needs to be done then I will talk to the police.  James can stay with her while Adam talks to them first.

They get up there and I tell Adam the police want to talk to him and that I need x-rays since I am sure my nose is broken and so I ask James if he would stay with her, I said “I know it is weird since you guys just met her but I really need your help please” “Of course” James says.

I go to have x-rays done and my nose is broken and my jaw is not, I kind of figured that already, and even though my eye is really swollen and bloody that will all go down too! I get back to her room and both James and Adam are there. Adam says “As soon as you came back I am supposed to send you to room 216 you need to talk to the cops it’s crazy!

So I go to 216 and the police immediately start questioning me and I told them everything I knew, they asked if I wanted to press charges as well and I said of course I do! They told me they had a few more questions.  And as the police officer started to ask another question, they called a code to room 245…Kate’s room I ran out of there so fast! I got in there and they were trying to get her to breathe, I am crying uncontrollably now “Kate breathe, I need you to stay with me! Come on Kate you can do this you are stronger than him!”….They have to start compressions they have no reading on her, they kick us out of her room, I am in the hall screaming “NOOOO!!! I will not lose my best friend because of him! If she dies he dies too!” I don’t care who hears me at this point I am lost, if I lose her I have no one, she is my best friend, she was the first person to accept me for me when I moved here, she is my singing partner, I can’t lose her. I fall to the floor, I curl in a ball and then I have no idea why, I start to sing…I never sing with people around. But I know we sing this song to each other all the time I start to sing Xtinas I turn to you; I am not singing loud enough that the guys could hear me. My Jaw is still swollen so it doesn’t sound as good as I know I can, as I finish singing they come out. “I am so sorry she didn’t make it”

“NOOOOOOOOO!!! I’LL KILL HIM!! HE’S A DEAD MAN!!”

I punch the wall, and scream I can’t stop screaming, James and Adam both grab me and hug me.

James POV

I don’t know what to do for either of them, Kate is dead. I can tell Adam feels like it is his fault and Poor Holly, I couldn’t imagine losing my best friend. I don’t know how or why it even matters we have only known them a few hours but seeing Holly in so much pain is heartbreaking, I grab her and hug her I have to stop her, she keeps hitting that wall she is going to hurt herself, as I grab her Adam does too. We are both just holding her, I am afraid to let her go I don’t know what she will do.

Adam’s POV

I have to stop Holly I grab her and hug her just as James does the same thing. I feel so bad for her, this is my fault, why did I have to grab Kate’s phone! Damn it now Kate is dead and Holly is in so much pain. I don’t know what to do.