Chapter 10

Adam's POV

Mental note she likes my smile, do that to her more often

"I'm sorry" I said while smiling at her. She glared back at me but I knew she loved it!

I looked at the time shit 1am

"I really don't want you to leave since tomorrow we have to go back to like none of this happened, but don't you need to get up for work tomorrow?"

Holly's POV

"No" I don't know if I want to tell him I am off till after the voice is done or not.

"I mean no, I am on home assignment, and I can't talk about it with you though"

Adam is looking at me... "Marks case?" he says

"Yes so please understand that is all I can say"

I want to stay here forever in this moment but I know it can't last.

Adam's POV

"Well now that I know you are home I can text you a lot more though" I say

"As long as you keep it as friends Adam" Holly says

I am already thinking about who to team up with whom for the voice and I think Holly with Melody...and I know the song.

Holly looks at me so I smile at her. Of course she glares at me, and I think to myself yeah this could actually be really fun.

"So since you will not have to be at work, will you be at the voice watching your teammates practice?"

"Probably, so I can see what I am up against, but I already know who I am going up against in the battles" Holly says

"What I just decided, who are you going against?" I ask

Holly's POV

"That's an easy one you got me against Melody, she is another great singer and she both under and over sing at exactly the right times and so I am positive that's who you have me against"

"Well ok you got that one! What song?" Adam asks me

"I don't know and I don't want to know until she does I don't want an advantage over her, or else I would probably be singing it all day"

What song did he pick, he keeps smiling at me all funny. "Damn it stop that smiling at me"

Adam's POV

I am putting her with another power house and having them sing I turn to you! I know what she can do with this song and I want her to take it.

I also know she is going to strategize and not play up how well she can sing it when she sings with Melody.

I keep smiling at her, I don't even mean to anymore it just keeps happening, I will have to remember to keep that in check at rehearsals.

I do not want tonight to end, and yet I can tell from the look on her face, she is going to say she has to go.

Holly's POV

I don't want tonight to end but I have to drive home at some point, I mean normally with a friend I would just crash on their couch at this point, but in this case that might be weird.

"Ok Adam you got me here for 45 more minutes than I have to go because I still have to drive home" I say

I lay down on his couch while we were talking... I wake up and check the time 9am...where am, why am I at Adams, I must have fallen asleep while talking to him.

Well I better get up and head home, I grab my phone and check my messages...There is food in the fridge if you are hungry or there is cereal, lock the door when you leave I had to head to the voice already.

Adam's POV

I am glad she stayed last night, I spent most of the night watching her sleep, she is so beautiful I don't know how I am going to get through 3 months of acting like nothing is going on. Well nothing will be going on but I will have to act like I don't want it too. I want her to stay and win for my team so it has to be this way.

2 weeks pass

Holly's POV

Well we have been texting every day, keeping it casual, but today I am back in the studio with Melody Adam tells us our song will be I turn to you. We get the lyrics and what parts each of us will sing. I grab my sheet notes and we both say ok see you tomorrow.

I take my sheets and head home, are you kidding me he pretty much has her singing Kate's parts. I both love and hate it.

I message him ~ really you picked this song are you trying to send me home? I will probably cry! And end up sent home. Thanks coach!

Seriously I have 5 days to learn to get through this song without crying.

Adam messages me back ~ I have all the confidence you can do it! You could come over tomorrow, I have the day off I can help you with it

I text him ~ Sorry Coach Adam, that's just not going to happen unless Melody will be there, remember no special treatment <3

Now I know I am keeping it casual but the few friends I do have I always end my texts with a heart, so this is nothing special to him.

Adam's POV

Damn it, I wanted her to say she would come over, but she is good at sticking to her guns on this one, 3 months is never going to end soon enough.

I hope she is not mad about the song

I text her ~ hey I hope you are not actually mad about the song

She texts back right away ~ No I am not mad, but I am serious about how do I not cry? I keep walking around singing it, I make it about half way.

God maybe this was the wrong choice, I know she can rock it though. No it was the right choice!

2 days pass and they are back in the studio

I could tell Holly was holding back and I decided not to call her on it.

Day 5

She is still holding back, but I am starting to think Melody is too.

"Ok ladies you need to bring it today, because I am not feeling good about this choice"

They both gave a little more but I know Holly has more but to be fair I feel like I will not say anything because how would I really know and I think they all hold back a little bit at this point.