Chapter 13

Holly’s POV

“No I really do need to go though Adam, not because of you, well I mean a little because of you, if you were not my coach then I probably would sleep on the couch”

“If I was not your coach you would probably be sleeping in my bed!” Adam says

“Well you are probably right, but you are my coach and I am going home” I say

I get in my car, and think is this almost over yet?! I put my head on the wheel and just think to myself this has to end I do not want to wait! BUT YOU KNOW YOU NEED TO.

Adam’s POV

I watch her sitting in her car, and after a few minutes I realize she fell asleep, what do I do, do I wake her up? Let her sleep? I don’t know what to do, but if she is that tired she can’t drive home.

I walk out to her car. I knock on the window

“Adam what are you doing…why am I in my car?”

“You never left my house, if I promise you I will not try anything will you please come in and sleep in a spare room, or on the couch if you prefer I just think you are too tired to drive home” I say

“Ok I will take a spare room and that way I can lock you out” she says laughing

She follows me inside, and I take her to the room she stayed in before. I start to leave, and she says “Wait Adam don’t go, can you stay here till I fall asleep please?”

She sounded so sad and so sincere

Holly’s POV

“Sure, but why?” Adam asked

Do I tell him, might as well just throw it all out there?

“I didn’t want to tell you, the only time I sleep more than 3 hours or so is here! At home I end up waking up reliving that night over and over, and then I can’t fall back asleep”

“Why didn’t you tell me? You know you can stay here anytime!” Adam says

“I know you wouldn’t have a problem, but I keep thinking if I stay with you I am not strong enough to not act on my feeling for you, then I will ruin everything”   

Adam’s POV

Poor Holly I didn’t realize she was still having so much trouble with Kate, Mark and with my stupid ex. everything is really getting to her, if she feels safe here then I want her to stay here, that just means that I have to be stronger.

I love having her around, but if it makes her more comfortable being here other than more time around me, then I need to do it.

“Well then I will just need to be stronger for both of us! I will do everything I can to make you feel safe and comfortable here!”  I say

“Ok then in the morning I have to go home and get my work, but you have to promise me you will not look at any of my work stuff” Holly say

“Holly I want you to feel safe and comfortable here, I will not even come in your room unless you tell me to, and this room locks I will give you the key, so only you can get in here” I say

Holly’s POV

I fall asleep and 2 hours later I am wide awake! Damn it, I can’t take this anymore. Something in my life has got to give. I start crying. I didn’t realize Adam was right there still in that chair. I cry and cry.

“Can I come over and hug you?” Adam asked as I was crying.

I shake my head yes.

I keep crying, until….I fall asleep in his arms.

Adam’s POV

I am glad she stayed here, even if I end up awake all night; I don’t care as long as she gets some sleep. I feel so bad for her. But I love how it feels to have her sleeping in my arms.

I can do this I will be strong for us both. I need to get through this, I cannot wait till finale.

I hope she is not going to be mad when she wakes up sleeping in my arms.

Holly’s POV

I wake up in his arms, and I am so happy he stayed with me, I slept for hours! This is the first time I have slept so long since leaving his house.

I need to get up head home and grab my work.

I thank him for being there for me, and tell him I will be back later. He gave me a key for the door and for the room, and said he had to go to the voice but would be back later.

I grab all my work and my fax machine and head back; I take everything to my room. Then I make dinner, I figure he can reheat it when he gets back.

I start working and lock myself in my room.

Incoming text~ Hope you are feeling better than when I last saw you.

I text him ~ I am feeling better thanks to you, I will probably be working all night though, so I made dinner you can heat it up when you are home, I will probably be locked in my room all night.<3

Incoming text ~ Okay well good luck hope you find something good!  

Adam’s POV

Even living in the same place she is good at avoiding me, but it is not much longer now.

We have made it through blinds, battles, knockouts and we are finally down to the final 3, she made it this far and I still think she will win it.

Only 2 more days, and after finale we are having a party of our own a party for 2, back at my place.

Then we have the court case starting soon after, but at least it is not like we have to hide for that. I am so worried about Holly going through that, I can’t be in the court room because I am a witness to. But my main focus is to get her through the voice as a winner.

I have watched her move through the voice round by round and I have more and more respect for her knowing what she is going through all at the same time, every song she still signs love and mouths Love you Kate.

Holly’s POV

Tonight’s the night we will find out who wins this…I have been confident through the whole season, but now I am so nervous, I think part of it is because I know what happens after the show is over, I end up doing a few interviews for a few days and then after 3 days I am back at work, in the office for 2 weeks then we go to court and Mark had better be going to jail for life. And on top of that I also have the court case again his little ex bitch!

I am really excited to be able to not have to worry about the voice anymore though, and that Adam and I can be together, as long as he still wants to be. I mean he has been such a great friend I don’t actually know where I stand with him anymore.

Adam has been gone all day, and I want to know what to expect tonight are we friends now, or are we still what I wanted from the beginning.

I message him ~ Hey quick question, you know after the show is done and you come home, am I going to your place or back to mine?