Chapter 12

Holly’s POV

I knock on Adam’s door as soon as he opens it I start talking “I had it narrowed down to 3 and then I got in my car and my iPod played another one so we have 4 to go over.  I think I have 2 that I am more leaning towards but I think I really need help, so if I sing them all can you help me from there?”

Adam’s POV

“Umm Holly?”

“Yeah” she says

“How much coffee have you had?” I ask

“Ummm Adam?”

“Yeah”

“A lot, I only slept about 3 hours this morning so there is a lot of coffee in me! Anyway listen, I recorded the 3 last night so the other one I will have to sing to you” she says

I sit there listening to her singing; I am having a hard time even from a coach stand point criticizing any of them. Ok this one is a little monotone.

Second song…it’s good, better choice than the first one.

Third song…it’s ok but I think the second one is still best.

Oh god now am I ready to have her sing to me?

“Ok now sing me the last one”

Holly’s POV

Oh god here goes

I sing the song and am finished, now to figure out what he thinks, “First question Adam 2 favourite”

“Easy choice Song 2 and 4”

“Great then this is going to be a long day! Because 2 and 4 are my favorites, I was sort of hoping we would only match one and then it would be easy and done”

God damn it I can see I am going to spend all day with him, I also think he is going to make me sing both songs again, and I really don’t want to. I want to go lay down on his couch and sleep.

We start talking about the 2 choices that it is narrowed down to; I lay down on his couch while he keeps on talking about them. I think I am still listening…is he still talking.

Adam’s POV

I can tell the second she lies down on the couch that she is going to fall asleep. I really want to help her, but I don’t know which song she should do, I keep thinking how great she is and I know she is good enough to make it to the next round, so I am thinking one of the songs is more of a dedication type song that she could use for the next round when they dedicate a song to someone, whereas the other could easily be the song to get her through the next round.

She is asleep, I knew it would happen, I can’t stop watching her, and she looks so cute when she sleeps…God I have to get out of this room before I do or say something stupid. I want her so bad. I wonder if she picked this song because of us.

Holly’s POV

I awake up, and check the time 7pm, where’s Adam?

As Adam walks in he says “I was just going to wake you up, I made dinner…well more like breakfast, I made eggs and toast”

He made me dinner? Even when I was staying here it was fend for myself, why would he make me food?

I think I am going with Wide Awake for this round. That was song number 4…I am going to get him to write down what song he wants. “Ok Adam I don’t want to settle on a choice, so write down the one you think I should do”, we both write down without seeing what each of us is writing.

I grab Adams to read his and he has mine I look at it and laugh…“so I guess I am going with Wide Awake.”

I was thinking though if I make it to the next round were we do dedications I can do Concrete Angel then. I just needed something this round with more high energy.

Damn it he is watching me eat I hate that, I glare at him “What did I do? I know I didn’t smile at you” Adam says

“No but you keep watching me eat, I hate that!”

Adam’s POV

She glares at me and I think did I smile at her? NO what did I do now.

God I have got to stop looking at her, “Ok so we need to break out the schedule and put you in for some times for the studio”

We headed to the living room she sat on the couch, and I sat right beside her, I had to she needed to see the calendar and what times were available.

God we are sitting so close our legs are touching, why am I putting myself through this hell! Because I really like her, there is nothing else I can do.

“Ok so those times work for you?” I say

“Holly you still here? Earth to Holly?”

Holly’s POV

Oh his leg is touching mine, I can’t handle this right now! MOVE, MOVE damn it neither one of us is moving.

“Earth to Holly?” Adam said

“Sorry what” I say

“I was asking if these times were ok for you” Adam says

“Oh yeah they are fine”

“What were you thinking about?” Adam asks

Oh, you can’t tell him the truth, tell him something anything.

“I was thinking that your leg was touching mine and that I needed to move or you needed to move, but I couldn’t make myself move!”

Adam’s POV

Well at least I know that it is getting to her as much as it is getting to me.

“Oh I am sorry does it bother you” I said and I pushed my leg closer and harder onto hers.

“ADAM! Stop that! Why are you making this harder for me?” Holly says

“What I am not doing anything I say as I put my hand down on her leg”

She Glared at me then got up and moved to the chair.

“Actually I should get going” Holly says.

Damn it now she is going to leave you idiot

“I am sorry I will stop” I say