day twelve

day twelve - solved

☹☹☹☹☹☹☹☹☹☹☹☹

Cierra,
This is going to be short since currently I'm in punishment; that's right, I got in trouble. I hugged Calum - and, you still don't know who that is. You honestly can't desribe him all in one letter. I'll tell you later.
- Vicky
P.S. I might not be able to send this to you today, since I'm in punishment. Sending letters might not be an option at this point.

I tapped my pencil against my notebook, the sound slightly echoing across the empty room. The room was huge; bigger than any of the other rooms in the hospital, other than the cafeteria. It didn't even have a purpose other than to stick kids in here who broke the rules, so I didn't understand why it was half as big as it was.

It was completely white - the walls, floor, ceiling, everything was just white. Boring and drab, but better than the pastel colors of the rest of the rooms.

Calum sat on the other side of the room, in a chair. His fingers tapped on his thighs, and every once in a while he would scribble something down on his notebook. I secretly wondered if he was a songwriter; it seemed like he was. The way he looked around the room and then tapped his fingers like they were tapping along with a beat. How he wrote down words once in a while. I vaguely remembered him mentioning he could play the bass on the first day here. So he was a songwriter. At least that's what I believed.

I would go over and talk to him but there was a doctor smack in the middle of the room, there so we wouldn't socialize. Especially since the reason we were here was because we broke the no-touching rule. Fuck that rule, I should have been able to hug the kid whenever I wanted.

We sat in that room for what felt like forever. To make it worse, it was cold; it was almost like I felt a breeze come over me every few seconds making goosebumps appear on my skin. Even though there were no damn windows in this place. Oh, how I missed fresh air. Mental hospital air gets rather sticky when you're in it long enough.

After long enough the doctor left to go do whatever he was needed for, and Calum and I were alone. Sitting on opposite sides of the room, staring at each other. Notebooks in our laps, knees tucked to our chest.

I waved him over, nodding continously as he shrugged a shoulder.

"Come here!" I called, standing up and wiping the dust off my pant legs. My voice echoed across the empty room, as Calum too stood up.

And we met each other right in the middle of the white room, gleaming at each other.

"Vicky," Calum addressed me properly as he always did.
"Calum," I replied right back, a laugh bubbling out of my lips.

"You see this?" he said, pointing all around at the bland, white room. "Your fault! All yours!"

I laughed sheepishly, scratching the back of my head. It was my fault, but it was worth it. Even if the punishment was something horrific and inhumane, it would still be worth it, because this was Calum. He deserved to be hugged all the time, and I wanted to hug him all the time.

"It's not too bad, though, right..?" I squeezed an eye shut waiting for a response.

To reply he just simply shrugged, a laugh escaping his lips. Our laughs ecchoed across the empty room and I thought that some doctor would come rushing in any minute to tell us to shut up. Weirdly enough, that didn't happen, but I was glad.

Calum gave me a small, close-mouthed grin before saying, "Vicky?" very softly. His happy expression turned somewhat pale and sad in a matter of seconds. I moved closer, attempting to close the gap between us.