day seventeen

day seventeen - happiness

☹☹☹☹☹☹☹☹☹☹☹☹

Cierra,
So much has happened in such little time. I can't even explain it all in a letter, because it would not make any sense whatsoever and it would be a really long ass letter. Come over to my house next time I can call my parents so I can talk to you instead of them. I really need to talk to you, C. Miss you.
- Vicky
P.S. Boys in mental hospitals are alot cuter than boys in real life. I don't know.

I woke up the day after our adventure, finally feeling awake. I had complained the day before that I had felt sick so they gave me medicine and let me sleep all day. I was just really tired and my head was clouded with thoughts of adventure and kissing boys who smelled like peppermint.

"Sleeping beauty has awoken," Steph said as soon as I opened an eye on the seventeenth day I was at the hospital. I made a noise between a scoff and a laugh, pulling my hair into a ponytail quickly.

"Hardly," I said, untangling myself from the blankets and getting out of bed.

"So, Vicky," she said, and I could feel a lecture coming on. "When we were having that nice chat about Calum the other night, you forgot to mention that you, um, like, kissed him?" She threw her t-shirt at me, taking me by surprise. Then I laughed, tossing it back at her.

"Well, I would of told you, but you were rambling on about being Spiderman and I don't even know what else-"

"Not the point, you should of told me!" She pouted, throwing her t-shirt at me again. I groaned and pelted it at the wall, not wanting her to throw it at me again.

"Fine, I kissed Calum. I'm telling you now. And - wait, who told you?" I stopped midsentence.
"Michael." Stephanie smirked, climbing over the bed to retrieve her t-shirt and actually put it on instead of using it as a weapon.

"Figures, the sneaky little bastard," I mumbled, slipping my feet into my Chucks. Steph just continued to send a smug smile in my direction.

"What?" I questioned, sending her a stern look.

Her smirk turned into a grin, as she fidgeted with her hands. "Nothing, it's just - you guys remind me of Ashton and I."

I smiled as well, picturing Steph and Ashton kissing against the rules in front of everyone.

"You guys are lucky, though, we got caught. But you should me thanking me since I am the one who planned the spy mission. The only reason you guys kissed was because of me! Hallelujah! Everyone praise Steph!"

☹☹☹☹☹☹☹☹☹☹☹☹

Calum's face lightened up when he saw me walk into breakfast that morning, since I had been missing the day before. I smiled lazily at the boy, who signalled me over to sit across from him.

As I sat down in my normal seat, I noticed Kat had joined us. Usually she only sat with us at lunch, so it was a change. She was back to her normal self - or should I say, her un-normal self. She was using the same high-pitched voice that I was used to; Princess Kat. She sat next to Michael, no surpise there. She noticed my appearence and sent a wink in my direction, which I returned with a giggle.

Surprisingly enough, Jimmy moved from his seat to come and sit next to me. He greeted me with a grin which I tried to give back to him but I failed. I don't know why, I just couldn't do it.

"Hi, Vicky," He said, placing his tray down on the table.

"Hi," I said quietly, not really sure why he was talking to me. Sure, we had a conversation two nights before, but I didn't classify us a friends. Maybe he did. His talk had made me like him a bit better but I still wasn't sure how to feel about the kid.