day twenty-six

day twenty-six - notebook

☹☹☹☹☹☹☹☹☹☹☹☹

| VICKY'S POV |

Cierra,

So you're good with boys so how do I get myself out of this situati

"Vicky?"

I put my pencil down, turning around. "Yeah?" I replied back to Steph, who was sitting on her bed.

"I'm bored," was all she replied. Then she paused for a moment, and looked down at the book in her lap. "I've read this book like thirty times."

"Read it again," I suggested, nibbling at the end of my pencil and trying to figure out if I should erase what I've written or add on.

"See, that's the thing," She whined, "I've literally memorized every word in this damn book!" Steph threw the book on the floor which resulted in her picking it and apoligizing profusely to it like she had just dropped her child.

I turned around and restarted my letter.

Cierra,

THERE'S MORE DRAMA IN THIS DAMN HOSPITAL THAN THERE IS IN HIGH SCHOOL AND I EVEN DIDN'T THINK THAT WAS POSSIBLE PLEASE BREAK ME OUT OF HERE

That seemed suitable, so I went with that, not even bothering to put that it was from me. It was pretty obvious, anyway (unless Cierra had other friends who happened to be locked up in hospitals.)

"That's a run on sentence," Steph said, who was leaning over my shoulder peeking at my notebook. I shut it quickly, laughing quietly.

"I don't care," I replied, sitting down on the bed (it still wasn't my bed, to me.)

Steph ignored that comment, lying down on her bed and leaning her head off the side, so she was upside down. "What do you wanna do?"

Steph and I had woken up rather early this morning for whatever reason, it was hardly time to go to breakfast yet. I shrugged, putting myself into the same position as Steph so she was no longer upside down to me.

We just ended up talking, the conversation ranged quite a bit. First we talked about how we would escape from here (Steph suggested using her Hulk Smash to break through the walls.)

Then we talked about cars, because after we would have broke out the hospital we wanted to steal some cars. And then that got into Mini Coopers, and how cute and small they are, and how Steph wants to have a mint green one and when everyone sees her driving around they'll know that she talks some shit.

That was basically how the rest of our conversation went, every topic started into a new one. We talked about gum flavors and college and candle scents and how we wanted to be the people that named the crayon colors when we were older. It was weird, but nice. Even though after five minutes I could already feel the blood rushing to my head.

One way or another, we ran out of things to talk about. So we were silent, until Steph spoke up again. "I feel guilty."

"Why?" I asked.

She chewed at her fingernails, and sat up so she was no longer upside down. I stayed put, being too lazy to move anywhere.

Stephanie mumbled something that I couldn't understand, biting her fingernails to the bone. She looked at the ground, eyes flickering every which way.

"What?" I said, asking her to repeat.

"I - um, I, kinda, like, well, I sorta,told Calum and Kat about you and Michael?" She said very quickly, but this time I caught it.