Returning

Disclaimer: The beautiful story of Naruto belongs to Kishimoto, as do all his characters. Naasica is the only character that belongs to me.

Warning: All warnings will be addressed at the bottom A/N - be sure to read them, because this FF may not be your cup of tea.

Beta: Cyndaquil123

"Some men just want to watch the world burn."

-Alfred

"Don't be so silly," Grandmother said, a teasing light in her eyes. "It doesn't suit you."

I smiled coyly, cupping my hands together and lifting the flour up to my face. I puffed out my cheeks and blew as hard as I could.

Grandmother giggled with glee as the flour erupted all over the kitchen, showering us in white powder. Her laughter became infectious and I started to giggle with her. Her eyes rested on me, warm and loving.

"Silly little sapling," Grandmother scolded me. "Now watch and learn."

Grandmother scooped up some flour and blew on at. Once again a shower of flour started to descend around us. My giggles took a higher-pitch, as I struggled to contain my glee. My hands clapped together and I applauded how she managed to cover the entire kitchen with flour. Grandmother bowed lowly.

She then straightened up, a smile on her face. She reached out a wrinkled hand and brushed back a stray strand of hair from my face. "I love you, my little sapling."

. . .

. .

.

"You cannot stay here forever," Madara whispered, brushing back a stray strand of hair from my face. His eyes bore into me, even if I could not see them, I knew that much. "The knowledge you possess... we will need time to devise our plan, but I know this much... you will be of better use if you are in a firm position in Konohagakure."

I grabbed his hand, holding it in my hands. The skin was still calloused and rough, despite all the years Madara hadn't actually used it for difficult work. It was a hard hand, a hand that had taken many lives, but hopefully... it would be a hand that saved many lives, too.

"I understand. But how will I contact you again? We cannot rely on Zetsu..."

"We do not need to," Madara said softly. "You know how Zetsu is able to move from one place to another - he melds with the earth, with the trees and ground and scatters his cells. He traverses from one place to another almost instantaneously, and you also know that Zetsu is made entirely of Hashirama's cells, as well as the Jūbi's shell."

"Are you... are you saying that because Hashirama is my grandfather...? Because I have his cells...?"

"Not quite," Madara responded. "It requires the wood-nature ability to utilize this. The Jūbi's chakra allows Zetsu to phase through anything, but the wood-nature alone will permit him to traverse through wood."

That made sense. Yamato was able to utilize something similar.

"Something Konoha has plenty of. So... So I must learn how to meld with the trees and travel like Zetsu?"

"Yes. When you have mastered it to the point where you can move from Konoha to here quickly and efficiently, then you will return to Konoha."

I nodded my head. "Yes, Madara-sama."