Rival

Fanart used was created by Niasweet71 on deviantART. 

Disclaimer: The beautiful story of Naruto belongs to Kishimoto, as do all his characters. Naasica is the only character that belongs to me.

Warning: All warnings were addressed at the bottom of the first chapter.

Beta: Cyndaquil123

"Some men just want to watch the world burn."

-Alfred

Grandmother was seated in the shade under the tree. It was the largest tree in our backyard, and her favorite. Tsunade was sitting next to her, curled up beside her and flipping through a book. I was holding Batman tightly and spinning around, and around.

It was childish and silly, but it was so simply delectable. I loved spinning. And when Grandmother continued to blow out the dandelions, causing the little seeds to spin around me, it was a childish miracle to me. It was beautiful, and pure, and nice and I adored it.

I came to a stop I stumbled and fell. Tsunade giggled quietly and I stood up wobbly. A smile lit up my face as I staggered into Grandmother and Tsunade's laps, spreading across both of them and stretching.

Grandmother and Tsunade exchanged sly glances before swooping down and starting to tickle me.

"S-Stop!" I laughed. "P-Please!"

"Never," they chorused.

. . .

. .

.

Kushina gripped my hand tightly as she guided me out of the hospital. "Let's go furniture shopping first. I'll make some clones to set it up at the apartment while we go clothes and training shopping, dattebane!"
I giggled at her enthusiasm, before a yawn escaped me. "A-Ah, mm. Okay."

Kushina's smile widened and she started to sprint, practically dragging me with her. "Oh this is going to be so much fun! I haven't gone shopping in... well it's been a while, dattebane! Actually, I did go grocery shopping, but I mean the fun kind of shopping, you know?"

I continued to smile in bemusement as Kushina rambled on. I didn't care too much for shopping, but it seemed to make Kushina happy, so I would try to enjoy myself.

(ง ⌣ ~ ⌣) ง

It was early afternoon when we finally came to my new home, to Kushina's apartment. It was a fairly decent size, considering it was an apartment. Two bedrooms, and the kitchen and dining room were one room. There was a little half-wall that was about the same height as me when I stood on my tip-toes dividing the kitchen and living room, and only one bathroom.

"Are you hungry? Want me to fix you anything to eat?" Kushina asked, moving to my room, carrying most of the bags. I followed behind her, carrying the rest of the bags.

"Um. I could eat," I admitted, entering my new room. I kept the same bed from my previous home, but I had a new desk, bookshelf and collection of toys. (stuffed animals. I doubt I would ever play with them, but I was still a child and I knew children enjoyed new toys) I also had new sheets and some new scrolls.