The Pit

Disclaimer: I do not own Naruto, nor do I claim to.

Warning: All warnings are addressed at the bottom of chapter 2. EXTRA WARNING FOR THIS CHAPTER FOR EXCESSIVE GORE AND DEATH. Please proceed with caution. If you feel you are about to get triggered, stop, and go google fluffy kitty and puppy pictures.

Beta: Cyndaquil123

'Tis the season to get gorey.

(ง ⌣ ~ ⌣) ง

"In the dark and dirty light,

where I can no longer hide,

I am exposed, corrupted through.

In the moment, motionless,

I will find my punishment.

This silent solitude!

-Sam luff, Solitude

(ง ⌣ ~ ⌣) ง

(KISAME)

Kisame rubbed his hands together as he watched his cute little meatsacks shift around uncomfortably. Once he picked out his students, he had a messenger sent out to bring them all to one of the Akatsuki's private training grounds.

Obviously none of them refused the offer.

The Akatsuki were treated with reverence amongst the populace of Ame. Owari and Konan were head in exceptionally high regard, and consequently as Owari's partner, so was Kisame.

His starstruck students practically sprinted to get to the training grounds.

Kisame grinned widely, showing off his sharp teeth. "Alright. I think it's time for introductions. I'm Hoshigaki Kisame, partner of Owari. I specialize in kenjutsu, ninjutsu, and general ass kicking. Girl on the left, go."

The girl in question, an eleven year old, let out a small squeak. She was a petite little thing, all big blue eyes and soft black hair pulled into a side ponytail. She was easily the smallest of the trio, dressed in an overly large pale blue hoodie, and black shinobi pants that fell a little above her ankles. She wore her Ame hitai-ate around her neck, which Kisame thought was always a good place for fresh meat to wear since it added further protection against their neck.

"I-I'm Suzuki Seiko," Seiko introduced herself, a blush forming on her cheeks. "I hope to be a long-ranged ninjutsu user u-using my kekkei genkai: fuyu release."

Winter release? Kisame mused. He had only briefly glimpsed over her report. She had ridiculously large reserves—Uzumaki sized reserves—and a natural talent for her clan's kekkei genkai. The Suzuki Clan was nearly dead from lack of fertility by the time the Kirigakure civil war came around, and there were only two active users left. Once they integrated into Amegakure, however, the clan was able to successfully reproduce nearly ten kiddos who could use the kekkei genkai. Saeko was the most talented of the bunch, so Kisame grabbed her for himself.

Hey, if Naasica could have the Hyūga heiress then Kisame could have Saeko.

Fair's only fair.

"Okay," Kisame said, still grinning. "You, in the middle."