War and Peace

Art used was created by TheDarkLordCreator on deviantART. 

Disclaimer: I do not own Naruto.

Warning: All warnings were addressed at the bottom of the second chapter.

And maybe it's a dream; maybe nothing else is real?

But, it wouldn't mean a thing if I told you how I feel.

So I'm tired of all the pain, of the misery inside -

and I wish that I could live, feeling nothing, but the night.

You can tell me what to say, you can tell me where to go -

but, I doubt that I would care, and my heart would never know.

-Bad Apple

"Well done, well done!" Tsunade laughed.

I giggled with glee, pride blooming inside of me. Tsunade beamed at me, picking me up and beginning to twirl me around.

"I'm so proud of you, little Naa-chan! So proud!"

...

..

.

Warmth surrounded me. Soft, plush, blankets were wrapped tightly around me. They cocooned me, and swaddled me in a familiar warmth. Sunlight filtered in from the window beside my bed, and a cool breeze drifted in through it, gently lifting the curtains and swaying them.

I watched the curtains dance in the breeze with narrowed, lazy eyes. It was the first morning in a long while that I had been permitted to sleep in. There was no training, nor any missions awaiting me. Madara had given me the night off, as well, citing that I needed to rest.

He said that I was progressing well.

I suppose I was.

A couple more months had passed since I had begun training with chakra ratio. Since then, I had learned a handful of katon jutsus, and one futon. They were all small utility jutsus classed as D, or C. None of them would be the sort I would use often in battle, if at all. Ever still, it was important I knew them, for not only they could still prove useful, but I also needed to be comfortable and familiar with drawing upon the foreign natures.

I stretched out slowly in my bed, my nose twitching from another cool breeze.

Summer was coming to a close soon, and fall would be greeting us again. The trees were already losing their leaves and turning golden. It turned the village into a pretty sight when the sunset's orange-ish glow bounced off of them, seemingly setting them ablaze.

With much reluctance, I sat up and at a lackadaisical pace, I got out of bed.

Scratching my back, I pulled down my black pajama shirt, and then pulled up my fluffy orange long pajama pants. I slipped on my slippers, and headed down the hall.

Ahead of me, at the end of the hall, the door opened, and a cleaned up Kakashi stepped out.

I raised my eyebrow. "Why are you up?"