Genin

Warning: Addressed at the bottom of 2.

Beta: Cyndaquil123

(ง ⌣ ~ ⌣) ง

"How much should I repent?

How can I atone for the evil that I have done?

Who is it, the person, the one to forgive me when I forgive none?

Good and evil clash with God and these emotions.

No one yet can see that everyone has been disposed."

Sam Luff (Solitude)

(ง ⌣ ~ ⌣) ง

I brought my team to my old training grounds, all of them remaining completely silent during the walk. Naruto was on hyper guard, half-expecting me to turn around and launch a small splinter bomb at him at any moment. Hinata was naturally a quiet child, and Sakura seemed to be overcome by a fit of shyness.

When we reached the training field—a nice wide area with fast-growing grass, three training stumps, a pond, and surrounded by trees—I beckoned for each of them to take a seat. They sat in front of me, Naruto once again looking around him for any unseen traps, and then I sat down.

My lips curled into a small smile, one I used to greet clients. "Hello. Let's start with introductions, shall we? I'm Senju Naasica, Head of Senju. I enjoy collecting traditional hairsticks, and spending time with my loved ones. I dislike anyone who stands in my way. I don't really have a dream, per say, but I do hope to one day make the world a better place. Naru-chan, why don't you go?"

Naruto grimaced at my nickname for him. The blond rocked back and forth and said, "I'm Senju Naruto, second heir to Senju. Uhum, I really like junk food, but my evil siblings don't let me have hardly any." He tossed a glare my direction, to which my smile only widened. "I like reading, and experimenting, though. I hate arrogant assholes. And I know I'm going to be the greatest shinobi to have ever lived. I'll surpass everyone in my family!"

Wouldn't that be something to see? I thought fondly. "Very good. Hina-chan?"

Hinata inclined her head in a very elegant manner. "I am Hyūga Hinata, heiress to the Hyūga Clan. I love training with my mother, and sister, and collecting rare plants. I'm very proud of our garden. I am not overly fond of bugs that eat my plants, though. I hope to one day be as strong and kind as my mother."

Considering Hisana was an ANBU Captain, that's a high bar. Although I wouldn't call any woman who invents poisons to prolong suffering before death kind.

"And Sakura-chan?"

Sakura straightened up, squaring her shoulders back, even as she fiddled with her fingers. "I-I'm Haruno Sakura, civilian born. I, um, I—" Sakura's brow furrowed as she thought about what to say. "—I like to read and learn about new things. I, uh, I don't like bullies. I want to be a strong kunoichi."

"Very admirable," I praised. "Today I'll giving you all a brief assessment of your skills. The academy report can only say so much, after all. Naru-chan, why don't you start with a demonstration of your skills?"

Naruto hesitated. "All of them?"
"All of them, except your fūinjutsu. I'll regrow the trees if necessary," I assured him, glancing around at all the orange-leafed trees that I had already regrown in the past.