Monsters

This chapter is in dedication to Cantrona who kick started my muse with her fan art and sweetness. :)

Disclaimer: I do not own Naruto.

Warning: All warnings are addressed at the bottom of chapter two.

Beta: Cyndaquil123

And maybe it's a dream; maybe nothing else is real?

But, it wouldn't mean a thing if I told you how I feel.

-Lizz

Everyone is gone.

Everyone will always leave.

I will forever and ever be alone.

. . .

. .

.

In this world wherever alcohol was served in, or near a hidden village, business would always be consistent. No matter the hour; lively talk, and gentle jesting would fill the atmosphere.

Three days ago that had changed.

For the first time in a long while a thick, uncomfortable, borderline-painful, tension ran through those establishments. There was no merry talk. There was no laughter. There was no jesting. A somber silence broken only by men and woman drowning themselves in alcohol, or whispering fearfully to one another, filled the bars.

At one such place, a blonde woman sat. Her dull eyes stared listlessly at her cup of sake.

"Did you hear the news?"

"You mean about the massacre?"

"God, what a fucking monster."

"The last real Senju... I can't believe what she did. Is it really as bad as they say?"

The woman at the bar clenched her drink, her attention now focused on the terse gossip around her.

"Yeah. It was a complete massacre... she really created the Yomi Pillars. That monster... Oni Kodama."

"My God."

"We have to travel through the woods tomorrow."

"Fuck."

"How old is she?"

"The bingo book says she's twelve."

"She's the youngest in history to have a universal Flee on Sight."

"Fuck," they echoed once more.

"I hope to God someone takes her out before she hits her prime. Can you imagine?"

The woman's heart stopped for a brief moment.

"I don't even want to think about that."

"She already has a huge bounty on her head for being a mokuton user. How much you think Iwagakure and Kumogakure gonna be willing to pay for her head?"

The woman's drink shattered in her hands.

The silence returned.

(ง ⌣ ~ ⌣) ง