When You Heal Him

Had you known about Mary Lou sooner, you wouldn't have let him go back to her that after that initial meeting. You would have kept him safe. Allowed him to live a peaceful existence with you.

It had taken months for him to reveal the truth of her punishments to you but finally you were aware of his situation. There was no way he was going back to that monster. Never again would she hurt him.

All that was left, was for you to heal these final wounds she had created upon his beautiful body and that would be it, the end of her hold over him.

The pained male was sat on the edge of the bed, his elbows resting on his knees and head cradled in his hands. Silent tears fell from his azure eyes and a wave of despair washed over Credence.

You stood behind him in absolute silence, (e/c) eyes widening at the ghastly sight on his pale back.

The clear expanse of once smooth skin had disappeared and was now replaced by two deep (thankfully) healed gashes. Scars.

You gulped, glancing down to look at her shaking hands. Deep breaths, you reminded yourself. You would be no good to him if you too were a wreck.

Taking a step towards the bed, you carefully mounted the mattress, moving slightly so that you were sat directly behind him.

He felt your weight dip the bed slightly. Lifting his head from his hands and sitting up straight, the dark-haired male let out a shaky breath before speaking. "It really hurts." he stated plainly.

Your own tears were now falling. "I know." deep breaths, (y/n). You reminded yourself once more. "Do you still want me to rub your back?"

He turned his head slightly to the left, so that he could just about see you through his peripheral vision. With a silent nod, you received his unspoken consent.

"Okay." you whispered more to yourself than for Credence's benefit. Deep breaths. "I'll be gentle." you reassured him in a louder voice. "I promise."

You were so terrified that you may hurt him further, which was absolutely the last thing you wanted to do. You could never hurt Credence, accident or otherwise.

Gingerly you placed your right palm upon his muscular back. He immediately flinched at your touch. You shied away from him. "I'm sorry!" you exclaimed.

"No," Credence's voice sounded extremely strained. "it's okay. It didn't hurt. You...you can carry on."

There was a brief, unsure pause on your behalf before you even felt remotely comfortable returning to helping him.

Sitting behind the exhausted male, you replaced your palm on his tender back.

Carefully and with the slightest of touches, you began your massage.

Within minutes, you felt Credence lean into your touch. He leant back slightly, his head coming to rest on your left shoulder.

You turned your head slightly to the left. "It's going to all be okay." you whispered.

Fresh tears escaped his eyes, which remained closed. You were somewhat relieved that you could not see the utter torment in his beautiful, crystal blue eyes. "It hurts, (y/n)."

"I know," you paused your massage and leant forward to place a gentle kiss on his furrowed brow. "but I'm going to make it all better." you vowed.