When He Finally Returns Home

A/N: Fluff as requested!

****

You were sat huddled on the king-size bed, listening to the rain hammering against the window.

It had been two weeks since Credence had last visited you.

You hated that he had returned to that wicked woman but he had had to but only to rescue his sisters, which you knew would take time and careful planning.

You were undeniably thankful that Credence wasn't working on the rescue mission alone. Newt Scamander and his merry team (as you had so aptly named them), were lending a helping hand to free all of the children under Mary Lou's care.

Two weeks, the longest you had been separated since you had met the fragile but kind boy. His absence was certaibly starting to take it's toll, despite regular updates (and pastries) delivered to you by Queenie's beau, Jacob.

Your train of thought was finallt broken when you heard the front door open and close. The sound of footsteps echoed throughtout your modest-sized apartment.

"(Y/N)?" the voice you longed to hear called softly from the hallway. He had been absent for two weeks finally he was vack where he belonged, home.

Slipping out of your bed, you raced out of the bedroom to greet the man you treasured but when you finally laid your eyes upon him, you stopped and gasped at the sight of him.

He was all cut up and bloodied. His usually clean clothing now ripped in various areas, revealing stitched up wounds. What had happened to him?

"Credence?" you whispered, tears welling up in you (colour) eyes. Despite having seen so many horrors during your years as a person of magic, seeing Credence hurt never failed to make you feel distressed.

The wounded male dropped his suitcase on the floor beside him and opened his arms, welcoming you into his embrace, which you gladly stepped into, encircling him in your own arms. "Its okay, I'm home now."

"What happened to you?" you questioned.

"A minor argument with Mother."

You sobbed, gripping onto Credence's shirt a little tighter, trying not to hurt him. "Dammit, Sweetheart. I told you to be careful."

The dark-haired, darling boy gently kissed the top of your head. "Its okay. I'm okay. It looks worse than it is." he whispered whilst he held you close, ignoring the slight pain radiating from his stitches. "(Y/N)?"

"Yeah?" you wiped your tears on the back of your hand, and then looked up and into your beloved's beautiful, blue eyes.

"I'm really tired." he smiled sleepily.

"Bed?"

He nodded, ready to fall asleep on the spot. Taking his hand in yours, you guided Credence to your shared bedroom.

As soon as you were in the bedroom, Credence collapsed onto the bed, lying on his front.

You crawled to sit next to him. "Sweetheart?" you carefully helped him to roll onto his back, to which you were met with a weary smiled. "Pajamas?" you asked.

He nodded, watching you make your way to the wardrobe and pull out of some pajamas for him to change into.

Sitting up, the male quickly changed. Flopping back onto the mattress, he closed his eyes.

He smiled as he felt you climb onto the bed and curl up beside him. "I'm so glad to be here with you." he whispered.

"I'm glad you're here too."

"Can we just lie here for a while?"

You grinned, resting your head on the pillow. "Of course."

He smiled, drifting off into his state of blissful unaware. "I love you." he slurred, already lost in a land of dreams.

"I love you more."

And that was how you spent Credence's return, cuddling one another as the rain fell steadily outside.