When He Loses Control Of His Obscurus

She shouldn't have been able to find you both but she had, in the safe little world you called home. The small house with the crooked roof and discoloured walls. And yet that fateful morning, she had knocked upon the door and brought with her an abundance of venous words that in turn,  helped to resurface all of the dark memories he had finally come to turns with and thus, unleashed a beast that you alone could no control, no matter how much you begged.

When he reopened your eyes, gone were his beautiful blue irises and in their place, blinding white. 

You stumbled backwards, the wall hitting your back. You stared at him and despite your determination, the sight of the darkness within him, terrified you greatly. "Cr-Credence?" you stammered, your voice barely above a whisper but in the silent room, your own question echoed around the room as if you had shouted his name.

But she was no longer a problem to either for you, for just beyond your lover's quaking form, you could still see her lifeless body. Freshly mutilated by the hideous darkness that lived within the form of one Credence Barebone.

With Mary Lou in your sights, you hoped that you too would not face the same fate. 

His eyes widened in realisation and then a low growl rumbled through his vocal cords. "Don't call me that." he snarled, attempting to pick himself up off of the floor. "That was the name you called me when I was weak. I'm no longer weak," he leant forwards slightly. "the Credence you know is dead."

His words truly did hurt you emotionally but you weren't ready to give up just yet on Credence. "Credence, listen to me, this isn't you." you pleaded to him, wherever he was inside his infected body. "This... this is just fear and anger making you think this way. I know that the Credence I love is still in there-" you probably would have continued if you had not suddenly been thrown the the ground by an invisible source. 

"Credence can't hear you, (Y/N).  He no longer exists in here. I have devoured him." 

"Creedy..." you choked out, as you watched in horror as black tendrils of pain and resentment seeped from your lover's body, curling round his quivering form. 

"Credence!" you cried out, despite your own fear, as his body became engulfed in the billowing, smoke-like form. 

Then your world turned leaden.

There was a distinct feeling in your chest, spreading like fire across the cotton fibres of your shirt. The pain crescendoing as time ticked by slowly.

You attempted to breathe in but couldn't make your lungs comply to your command. Suddenly a pressure moved up to your throat, causing you to gag and cough. Your hands covered your mouth. 

Red- your fingers were tainted with the deep shade.

You hit the ground with a loud thud.

Your sight was marred with red. Your blood. Lying on your back, you gazed up at your attacker with unseeing eyes, all you could see was red.

A choke caught in your throat, the congealing irony substance was slowly pooling in your chest. You could feel it's presence swelling, becoming heavier and heavier. An added weight on your already laboured lungs.

Staring through hazy eyes, you could just about make out the silhouette of your beloved leaning over you...

****

A/N: To be continued? I'm not sure. It's up to you, dear reader.