The Aftermath Of An Argument

A/N: I lied about the happy chapter. I attempted to write one but I just couldn't get it to read right. I've got something much more pleasant planned for you next time. :)

***

Last night had been awful. Undeniably awful for you, yes but especially for the man you loved, Credence.

It had all been one, big accident that had quickly escalated and left you both feeling exhausted and unable to look one another in the eye. A stupid, unintentional argument.

That night, when you had closed your eyes and help his trembling figure close, you wished that you both could have a peaceful and happy life, the one you thought you both deserved.

Eventually you stirred slowly, emerging disorientated from your deep slumber. In your confusion, you almost flinched in fear when you discovered an arm draped around your waist.

You quickly recovered when you realised that it was Credence lying beside you, still peacefully sleeping despite his ordeal from the night before.

You rolled carefully onto your other side, wanting to see how your handsome boyfriend was fairing.

He may have been sleeping well but his face still carried traces of undeniable physical and emotional pain. Dark, purple circles surrounded his eyes and a slight frown marred his features.

You wiped away your free flowing tears of anger and sadness. A wave of sadness washed over you but then the anger rose, you felt disappointed with yourself for being unable to ease his inner turmoil. His obscurus.

You continued to sit in silence beside him, your hand trailing to gently run her fingers through his short, mahogany locks.

He stirred slightly from the gentle touch, shifting in the bed to move closer to your warm body. "(Y/N)..." he mumbled in his sleep.

Sighing softly, you wondered what the new day would bring. Tina and Newt hadn't yet been round to check on Credence. You knew that they were giving you both space, you certainly needed some time alone with him.

There was much to discuss but more importantly, you needed to reassure Credence that, his loss of control over his Obscurus was not a setback. No one hadn't gotten hurt. Only him, emotionally.

Your thoughts were pulled back to the present situation when you felt his arms wrapping around your waist, his face buried partially in your hip. "(Y/N)." he whined, sounding as if in tremendous pain.

"Sweetheart?" you gasped in shock, quickly untangling yourself from his grip, so that you could see him clearer. "Credence?"

He rolled away from you, the bed creaking as he shifted his weight. The male groaned, a gutteral sound. "I'm sorry." he sobbed.

"Darling, no-" you began to protest.

He nodded, his fingers curling into his hair, tugging at the ends almost painfully. "It's my fault. I couldn't make it stop." he sobbed, eyes squeezed shut.

"I provoked you."

"I'm easily triggered."

"I shouldn't have said what I did."

"You were right."

"I was wrong. I was angry but that's no excuse for me to say what I did."

"I should have been stronger, had more control. You...you could have died."

"You could never hurt me."

The weeping male shook his head, a short cry of pain leaving his lips. "It..I...we nearly did." he hissed, close to pulling chunks of his own hair out in frustration. "If you hadn't calmed me down...the destruction and hurt we would have caused..."

You felt shaken to her core, his words hitting you like a bucket of ice cold water. You were almost shaking from shock. "Don't talk like that, Credence. It was just a minor slip up. Relapses happen. We've all had them. Don't think like that" you whispered.

"How can you even be with a monster like me?" he whispered, his body curled up into a fetus position, hands covered his face

"You're not a monster, Credence."

"I'm no angel."

You slipped out of the bed and moved to kneel by his side, your faces now level. Seeing him with tears in his eyes made your own begin to water. "Listen to me," you said, your hand in his hair once more. "I know that you're in a lot of pain- emotionally and physically. I do, really I do. But...you're not going to feel this way forever. I promise you, things will get easier. I'm going to be with you every step of the way, all right? Newt and Tina too. They witnessed what happened last night and all they cared about was your safety, understand? None of us were worried about what you could or might do because, Credence, you don't hurt people intentionally. You and your obscurus...you're both just trying to live harmoniously together but that's going to take time. So expect setbacks and mistakes but don't feel guilty. They're just a part of the learning process. I promise you, you're not going to have to deal with anything alone. If I could get rid of the pain any other way, I would but for now, you're just going to have to battle on a little longer. Can you do that for me, Sweetheart?" she paused, letting her words sink in, hoping he would agree with her.

With a great shuddering breath, he nodded, tears still escaping from his eyes. "Okay..." he whispered, his voice hoarse and low. "I'll...I'll do that."