When You Help Him Take A Bath

A/N: Mentions of violence. I blame Mary Lou.

"(Y/N)." he whined like a wounded animal, staring helplessly at you, hid concerned friend, as you ran the warm bath in attempt to find something that would sooth his aching muscles.

Wiping the steam from your flushed face with the back of your left hand, you struggled to get to your feet, due to being crouched beside the tub for so long. "It's ready, Sweetheart." you walked quickly over to his slumped, huddled form on the floor. Kneeling before the bruised and battered me, you placed a gentle hand on his cheek. His morose, beautiful eyes gazed up at you. "Come on, Darling. Let's get you bathed."

In films, shower and bath scenes are usually depicted as something rather raunchy and pleasurable. And they can be. This is not one of those times.

Warm, epsom salt-infused water surrounded the drained male and soothed his aching limbs. You knelt beside the tub once more, dipping your hand into the water to check the temperature. "Is the water okay?"

He merely closed his eyes, waiting for the whole ordeal to be over.

He didn't mean to act so stand-offish, it wasn't because of you that he so uncomfortable. He just felt so helpless and it infuriated him. He wished that he was stronger, if only for you.

"You feeling any better?" you whispered, the quiet sound echoing throughout the silent, steamy bathroom. you waited anxiously for a reply, your best friend had only uttered so many words since their sudden arrival at your home. "Credence?" you questioned him again.

"No," he croaked, tears beginning to spill. "I am not." his watery eyes met you wide, shocked ones. "I couldn't stop her, (Y/n). She just...she just kept on h-hurting me. I told myself that as soon as it was over, I'd escape. I'd leave. For good this time. I'd finally be strong- like you always wanted me to be- and I'd take your advice and leave forever."

Leaning forward and ignoring the fact that his damp body was soaking your dry clothing, you enveloped the brunette male into a protective hug.

Where his warm skin met with patches of your uncovered arms and neck, your skin goosebumped and chills ran down your spine. "Oh, my angel. I'm so sorry." you sobbed with dispair. Pulling away slightly, you peppered his face with tender kisses. "You were already strong before you met me. You don't need to ever worry about that woman, ever again. She can't hurt you anymore. You're here, safe with me now. I will never let her near you again. I promise." you mumbled against his forehead, his lips, his cheeks. "I'm gonna make it all better. You'll feel better in no time. Once you're back on your feet, we have such a nice life to start living." you pulled him again into a hug. "I'm gonna take care of you, I promise, Sweetheart."

***

A/N: Preference ideas pleeeeeeease!