When He Loses You (Part 2)

A/N: You asked, I wrote.

****

At the sight of your crumpled and bloodied body, something inside Credence snapped.

With all of his might, the male internally kicked and fought against the obscurus's grip.

The raven-haired boy punched and screamed, nails scraping and tearing away the darkness. "GET OOOOUT!" he screamed, nails pulling away chunks of dark matter.

The darkness may have generally been the stronger opponent  but in a grief-stricken rage, Credence was an unstoppable force.

The vile being within screeched in pain, it's shrill cries ringing through his mind, threatening to deafen Credence but still, he persevered, not faltering in his attack even for one second.

Finally, he emerged victorious. From within his subconscious, he watched the remaining threads of evil escape your body, travelling upwards until each fragment dispersed into tiny, useless particles.

He was finally alone in his body, with a soul free of any darkness.

The only damaged left behind by the Obscurus was Credence's bloodied lover...

Your sight was marred with red, your blood. Lying on your back, you gazed up at your attacker with unseeing eyes, all you could see was red.

A choke caught in your throat, the congealing irony substance was slowly pooling on your chest. You could feel it's presence swelling, becoming heavier and heavier. An added weight on your already laboured lungs.

Staring through hazy eyes, you could just about make out the silhouette of your beloved leaning over you.

"How...?" you wheezed.

"I'm sorry." the male knelt beside you, leaning in close and starting to cry. "I should have fought harder, sooner." the palm of his right hand rested flatly upon your chest wound, as he applied pressure, in hope of staunching the blood flow. "I'm so sorry."

You squirmed under his firm touch, short whines and sobs of agony escaped your lips. "Credence..."

"Don't. Please don't say anything, conserve your energy, (Y/N)." he sobbed. "You're going...you're going to be f-fine."

"I...I..." you gasped. "You're free."

"Yet I'm now in my own personal hell." he scoffed, despite himself.

With surprising force, you pulled him down to your level. "I...I...forgive...you." you murmured.

Your foreheads were now touching, the gap between you was slowly disappearing. Soon you were chest to chest, your hands rested on his waist and his in your hair. Your lips gently touched. It had been too long since you had kissed.

You could not help but deepen the kiss. You didn't care about your wound. At least you would get to have one last kiss from your lover.

"Remember...me. Remember us." you whispered.

"Don't say that." the male wept. "You're going to survive this. We're going to get through this and...and spend Christmas together. We're going to have our first Christmas together as a couple."

"I'm...sorry." you drawled, exhausted from attempting to breathe and simaltaneously talk. "I'm really scared, Creedy. Please don't leave me."

His blue eyes made contact with your terrified gaze. Suddenly, the realisation that he were going to lose you forever fully hit Credence. No matter how much he begged, you weren't here to stay. "I'm not going anywhere." he desperately tried to stay brave for you.

"It hurts so much."

"I know," he tenderly placed a kiss on your forehead.

Your eyelids began to droop. "Don't leave me." you slurred, slipping away.

"I promise. I'm not going anywhere."

"Creedy?" you coughed, blood gurgling in your chest.

"Still here."

"I love-" but you didn't get to finish you sentence...

... you were gone.

You seemed so peaceful. Moving a stray lock of hair from your face, he finally allowed himself to break down for a moment. A loud sob escaped his lips. "I'm so sorry, (y/n)."

***

A/N: * hides behind a cardboard cut out of Ezra Miller * So...what did you think?

P.S. This is not the end of the book.