When He Holds You

It had been a long and arduous day, one you wished would end quickly, so that you could start afresh once more. 

As you lay on your bed, wrapped in a duvet and several blankets, you closed your eyes and willed yourself to sleep but alas, a blissful unaware refused to wash over and engulf you in it's safe embrace. So you remained awake.

Memories of your bad day repeated over and over in your mind like a terrible film- your own personal cinema. 

Burying under the covers, you found very little solice in the pitch black. In fact the closeness of the sheets made it feel like you were suffocating. Emerging from the depths, you took an intake of breath, filling your lungs with the surrounding cool air. 

Laying back against the pillows, you were resigned to stare at the ceiling. You counted the cracks. Four. The chipped plaster. Three. The burn marks. Five. And one solitary hand print. All the work of your beloved, Credence. 

It had been one whole month since his last outburst and you couldn't be prouder of him. For too long had he been unable to control the obscurus within but as of late, you truly believed that he was showing signs of more resilient restraint. 

Think of an angel and one shall appear, you thought, as you felt the bed dip slightly with the added weight of your beloved. 

A meek smile played upon your lips, when his arms wrapped around your waist and drew you closer to him. His embrace was your safe haven, somewhere you could exist and forget about the outside world. In his arms, the only thing that mattered was you and him. Nothing else figured. It was a place to be selfish and only care about one another's wellbeing, which you were eternally grateful for, especially after the day you had experienced. 

Lips pressed against your temple, a reminder that he was there whenever you felt ready to talk about what had happened. You were yet to discuss the details but were in no rush to do so. You just wanted to be selfish for a little longer with him. 

Just a little while longer.