episode 12

Your Decision: Joanne should lead the way.

"Fine" Joanne decided, crossing her arms over her chest with the roll of her eyes. "Let's get going before he sends another one of his guard dogs after us." she muttered, Wesley wincing at the memory of his fallen friend.

Flipping her blonde hair over her shoulder, Joanne began forwards with the rhythmic sway of her hips. Emma and Wesley took a step forward, a loud groan slipping from Wesley as he struggled to stay upright. "Here" Griffin muttered, moving to Wesley's other side to serve as the second crutch.

"Thanks" Wesley breathed as they set forwards, hating to be such a burden on the group. But he hated it less than being left behind for whatever lay in that deep, dark pit.

Joanne walked into the shadows, her pale blue eyes tracing the vintage walls that enclosed them. She waited for a door to appear, a door that hid their next text. But minutes passed, no turn or entry way in sight.

Cob webs clung to the untouched ceilings, a musty chill to the stale air. It made Joanne's skin crawl, her heart constantly fluttering with anxiety. "Why do you think he's doing this to us?" Joanne asked after a while, desperate to break the suffocating silence.

"Hard question. Why'd you kill Jeremy?" Griffin spat back, eyes narrowed in hatred. If looks could kill, Joanne would've been stone cold dead.

Joanne winced at the comment, that guilt bubbling up again before clogging the base of her throat. Running her hands up and down her arms, Joanne could feel the knife in her hands again, and the way it cut through his throat. She heard his sputtering and choking, all the while thinking that the dire sounds belonged to Wesley. "I don't want to talk about it" Joanne whimpered, clearing the tears from her throat.

"I didn't want you to kill our friend, but here we are" Griffin snarled, his upper lip curling with rage. He'd been with her all this time, worried about her safety, even caring about her, oblivious to her hideous secret.

Emma sighed, shaking her head softly. "Stop, alright?" Emma said to Griffin, earning confused eyes riddled with shock. "She did something awful, something that we'll never forgive her for. But constantly fighting her about it isn't going to get us anywhere. We can do that when we're safe" Emma said with a huff, her body growing fatigued with the weight of Wesley pulling on her side.

"If we get out. I just think-" Griffin continued, his voice just muffled background noise to Wesley. White hot pain seared in his calf, warm blood trickling down the remaining skin. With each drop that left him, Wesley could feel it growing harder and harder to keep his eyes open.

But he didn't dare tell anyone. He just gripped onto Emma tight, taking it one, painful, step at a time. Hazel eyes set blankly ahead, Wesley stared into the entrapping shadows. Narrowing his eyes, Wesley felt his stomach churn. Ahead lay a wire.

It was barely visible, stretching across the narrow hallway. The dark shadows nearly enclosed it, but Wesley could make it out in the faint light. "Joanne" Wesley called softly, a thin layer of sweat coating his pale skin.

"Wesley, arguing here" Griffin cut him off with a frustrated huff, returning to shout at Emma. They were so engrossed with the other that they weren't looking forwards. They couldn't see what was coming, not like Wesley could.

Putting his foot down, Wesley tried to bring them to a stop. "Stop, wait" Wesley groaned, Griffin and Emma only continuing to pull him forwards.

"Wes, what? We've gotta keep going" Emma asked shortly, pausing her heated conversation with Griffin that left her eyes dark and jaw clenched.

"Stop Joanne. Wire. Trip wire" Wesley panted, tearing his attention away from Emma to where Joanne reached the horrifying destination. Emma's eyebrows furrowed in confusion for a moment before she spotted what Wesley had warned about.