Always My First Choice (Jack + Conor)

Can you please do a Conor and Jack one shot? Like Jack feels like a second choice and Conor doesn't realise til Jack runs away and when Conor finds him he looks like a wreck and Conor promises Jack that he's not a second choice
————————————————
Conor and Jack had always been close. Maybe it was due to the small age gap, or maybe just because they got on so well. But either way, there was no denying that where one of them was, it was likely that other one would be there too. However, recently, Jack had been feeling a bit neglected by Conor. The elder Maynard hadn't made much time to speak to Jack recently.
Now Jack wasn't one to be too dependable on one person, but Conor was his brother and this had left him feeling like second best. Conor seemed to spend every spare moment he had with the rest of the group and didn't make the effort to see Jack as much. Although they lived in the same flat, Conor spent more time with visitors than he did his flat mate and brother. This had been going on for quite a while now so Jack came to the conclusion that Conor didn't want him around. So, what did he do? Ran away.
That night, he sat in his room, and scrawled out a note.
"Dear Con,
I know I've been a pain recently and I'm sorry that that's how you feel about me. Don't worry, I'm making your life easier and leaving. I won't be in your way any longer. I didn't mean to be a bother to you.
Jack x"
He left it on the table in the room, knowing Conor would see it in the morning. He shoved some clothes into a bag and grabbed as much as he could. He took his wallet and phone and as he walked out, left his key next to the note. He took one last look at the flat before walking out. Jack didn't have a clue where he was going and ended up wandering aimlessly for hours. He eventually sat down on a bench and ended up falling asleep.
The next morning, Conor got up around 11, and walked out of his room. He looked around the flat, but no one seemed to be up. He decided to ask Jack if he wanted to go out for breakfast as he hadn't seen as much of his little brother as he'd hoped recently. He knocked on Jacks door and waited for an answer. There was no reply. Conor frowned and pushed open his door. Jacks bed was empty and hadn't been slept in. As Conor looked around, most of Jacks clothes were gone and the room seemed empty somehow. Something was nagging at the back of Conor's brain and he walked into the lounge area, confused. His eyes landed on a piece of paper on the table and he picked it up. He gasped as he read the note, thoughts of his brother hurt rushing into his mind. Conor quickly grabbed his coat and rushed out the flat. He wandered about, keeping his eyes open for signs of Jack. He rung all his and Jacks friends, asking them to keep an eye out for him and to ring him back if they found Jack. Conor was beyond worried now and on the verge of having a panic attack. Where in the world was his brother? Then it came to him.
"Please please please work" he mumbled to himself, opening the find your friends app on his phone. Him and Jack both had each other in their list and could find out where eachother were. Conor prayed that Jacks was turned on so it would give him a clue as to where he was. It pinged and came up with a location. Conor breathed out a sigh of relief and rushed to get to the place where Jack was.
Conor walked into the park and looked around for his brother. He saw a figure hunched over on a bench and he sprinted over, hoping it was him. He was delighted when he saw the face of his younger brother and he cried out in happiness.
"Jack! Thank God I found you! I've been searching for hours!"
"Why are you here?" Jack mumbled, hugging himself tightly. It was only then that Conor registered the state that he was in. Jacks hair was tousled and looked like fingers had ran through it a lot. His face was stained with tear tacks, he had dark circles under his eyes and he was shivering violently. All in all, Jack was a wreck.
"I came here to bring you home, why else?" Conor said confused.
"But y-you didn't want to speak to me"
"Oh Jack, how could you think that?"
"Because you never spoke to me! You spoke to our friends more than me and I felt like the second choice" Jack said, tears trickling down his cheeks.
"Jack I'm so so sorry you felt that way. It's not true, none of it! I had no idea that's how you were feeling. I can't believe I made you feel like that"
"It's not your fault"
"But it is. How could I not even notice that my baby brother was hurting so bad that he ran away. I abandoned you" Conor whispered, tears coming to his eyes.
"I probably overreacted, I just didn't want to be a burden"
"You could never, EVER be a burden to me Jack. Never. You could never be my second choice either, always my first. I would always choose you over anyone, and don't ever doubt that for a second, ok?"
"Ok" Jack whispered.
"Now, will you please come home? I want my brother back"
Jack smiled and nodded at Conor. The elder brother leant in for a hug and held Jack tight.
"I'll never let you go again"
"I know, I'm sorry"
"Me too"
The two brothers walked back home, glad they had sorted out their issues.
"By the way"
"Yeah?"
"How did you find me?"
"You left your location on" was the reply, as both of them burst into laughter.