Insecure (Joe + Caspar)

One shot for Joe and Caspar? Like Casp is insecure about himself and he's scared to be around Joe because he thinks Joe's disgusted by him so he distances himself from Joe and Joe is concerned and when he walks in on Casp wearing boxers and pinching at his skins and he sees red marks and black and blue bruises all over his body and Joe sees that Casp is crying and then he confronts Casp and he says that he's insecure because of his boyfriend abusing him and Joe makes him feel loved again

-------------------------------------------------------

Joe and Caspar were best friends. It was as simple as that. Despite them not living together, it didn't make the two any less close than they were. They were always pranking each other and constantly laughing. It was familiar, and it was good. It was a stable relationship that the two enjoyed and relied on. So, when Caspar started distancing himself from Joe, the older man was concerned.

It started off with delaying text replies. Then ignoring calls. Then occasionally cancelling arrangements and not going out anymore. Eventually it got to the stage where if Joe wanted to see Caspar, he had to meet him with other people to ensure Caspar couldn't cancel. Joe had tried to get his friend to talk to him, but it was useless. Caspar was drifting away and there was nothing Joe could do to stop him.

One day, Joe thought enough was enough after Caspar cancelled on him once again. He stormed to Caspars flat and walked in using the spare key he still had. He didn't know what he was going to say, but he had to figure out why Caspar didn't want to talk to him anymore. However, when Joe walked into Caspars room, he didn't expect to see what he did.

Caspar was stood in nothing but his boxers, red marks and bruises covering his body. He was crying to himself as he looked in the mirror. Caspar jumped when he noticed Joe stood at the door and quickly grabbed a shirt and threw it on.

"J-Joe? What you doing here?"

"I came to see why you were ignoring me"

"I'm not ignoring you"

"Caspar that's rubbish and you know it"

"Joe I-"

"Would you care to explain why you are crying in your room with bruises covering you body?" Joe asked, arms folded across his chest, concerned for his friend.

"It's nothing"

"It's not nothing Casp, is someone hurting you? Because I can make them stop"

"No! It's, it's my boyfriend ok. Sometimes he gets angry and he takes it out on me. But I broke up with him so it's fine"

"Caspar I have known you for too long to not know when you're lying. Tell me the truth"

"It is!"

"No it isn't. And I know you don't have a boyfriend, because despite what you may believe, I know you would have told me"

"Fine, it was me" Caspar mumbled softly, tears still falling slowly down his face.

"What do you mean it was you?"

"I did this to myself"

"Oh Caspar, why?" Joe signed, walking towards his friend.

"Because I hate myself sometimes ok! I'm insecure and I don't like the way I look. I didn't know what to do, so I thought maybe this would help, and it does a bit"

"Why didn't you speak to me? You know I would have helped you"

"Because look at you! You're perfect and look at me! I thought you'd be disgusted by me and hate me, so I distanced myself and hoped you would give up on being friends"

"Caspar, how could you think that? One, there is NOTHING wrong with you at all. I promise. Two, I would never judge you on how you look and could never be disgusted with you. And three, hurting yourself is not the answer. You speak to people and they will all tell you there is nothing wrong. Don't compare yourself to others because you're a different person. I'm no better than anyone else and you're no worse. So let me in Casp, let me help you"

Caspar nodded in reply, before the tears fell down his face as sobs shook his body. Joe pulled him into a hug, holding onto his best friend, knowing he needed his support. The two stayed like this until Caspar pulled away slightly.

"Joe?"

"Hmm?"

"Thank you"

"Always, no problem"