Chapter - 5

I shut my eyes tight. Im gonna die and go to heaven or I can haunt dereck as a ghost. I heard the short booming . but I didn’t feel pain. may be when they die they don’t feel pain. “ get up celine” I heard a voice. I open one eye and saw, the other eye flew open by itself as I saw who stood infront. My magazine manager.my  eyes flew to my side to see Robert dead, blood wozed from his head.

He pulled me up . “ we have to go fast” he said I nodded and ran . I felt pain waves hitting me from my stomach. “are you okay?” he asked. “ I think so” I mumbled.

We got into the car and drove. The ride was slient. We reached the mansion. He helped me down. “thanks sir” I said to him. “you can call me jake here” he said with a smile. we went in and people  where running here and there. We reached a big living room. Few of them glared at me while few gave pity looks. “are you all right?” alex came running. I just nodded.  “YOU” I heard a growl . coming towards me was a angry looking dereck beast.

I stood freezed. “YOU MESSED IT UP,BECAUSE OF YOU ROBERT IS DEAD AND THE WHOLE PLAN IS CHANGED”  he yelled. “any ways he was supposed to die  just not now” jake said. “SHUT THE FUCK UP” he yelled at him making him shut at onces.

“that’s it , I was about to die for that card and you blame me. Its not like I go flirting and stealing peoples card. I told you to go for a easy task but no you are all like I ORDER  AND YOU LISTEN” I shouted at his face,micking the last line in his voice. I could see the wide eyes around me and the room has gone silent.  Dereck was breathing heavy , ever regret the things you said in life ?well this is one of that moments.

“how dare you ?” dereck grabbed my arm tight. So tight that my blood stop flowing. I gasped and winced ,when his gripp got tigther. “dereck you are hurting her” I heard alex says but his eyes  where fixed on me. “we got the card man let her go” I herd jake from the back. “ enough dereck let her go” alex yelled. He  left me forcefully that if I didn’t balance I would have fall. He stomed off.

“take her to the guest room, give something for the pain.” alex said to few maids. They slowly pulled me. I walked like a robot.  When reached the room as I passed the mirror I saw my reflextion. I looked horrible. “ my hair was like a bird nest and the was trail of blood at the corner of the lips. There was a hand print where Dereck held me. the maids washed my face and pulled my dress up to check  any injuries. I gasped and slapped her hand. “its okay, im just cheacking” she said and pulled it. I almost cried when I saw my stomach .a big purple buries  was there.

She applied some ointment and I winced in pain. they gave me dress to change. A tracksuit pant and a red tank top.
I wore that and sat on the bed. I heard a knock on the door. “come in “ I mumbled and saw Alex bringing a food tray.
“I thought you were hungry” he said and I nodded with a smile. he kept the tray on the table and sat besides me. he looked at my busied arm  and signed. “I will ask sorry on behalf of him” he said. I just looked down and didn’t say anything. “you will be staying here for few days coz the police had seen you in the camera at the bar. Even though your face wasn’t clear its just to be safe” he said.

My eyes filled up with tears I fell like a criminal .  “you should always be aware of your surrounding. Satying away from camera’s is the first rule. And if something happens shoot the camera first . but be carefull while shooting not to get caught in it” he said.

I just nodded and tears started to fall. “hey hey” he said talking my face in his plam and wiping them. “its gonna be alright, you are brave. I can tell it with the way you talked to dereck not ones but twice” he said. somehow it made me laugh.  we talked for a while and he started to leave. “if you need anything press the button M on the phone it will connect to the maids or if you need me to talk press 102.

It will connect to my room.” He said
“thanks “ I smiled. “ your welcome my lady” he said with a bow that made me laugh. “good night” he said closing the door. i slept soon.

.........
I woke up as the sunlight fell on me. I stretched my arms and legs like I do every morning. but soon I growned in pain as it shot through my body. I opened my eyes to see dereck  starring at me. but his eyes where some where else. I followed his gazed and saw my top moved up exposing the bruises. I pulled it down but he caught my hand. “he hit you” he said pressing a finger on the bruise. I let a low scream and slapped his hand. “it will go away it doesn’t looks that bad” he said walking out. if only he know how it hurts.

The rest of the day I was roaming here and there ,no one seem to care about me. dereck and the others weren’t here. I ignored the little curiosity to know where they were.
I was starting to get bored. Then it strike that alex had given me a code to contact him. but what was it!?  1..0..2 or4?. I took the landline besides the bed stand and dialed 104.i hope he is back. After 3 rings the phone was picked with a low “hello”. “heyy, it me….i was wondering that if your free to chat!?”. I waited for the reply but nothing came. “hello….” I said again but the line went off.

I starred at phone and decided to try again but there was bang on the door making it open . Dereck stood there with a bored expression. “hey !do you even know to knock? where is your manerrens?” I asked him irritated. He narrowed his eyes on me. “first you call me to do chit chat with you and now you asking about manerres .” he said walking towards me. he gripped my chin before looking into my eyes.
“listen cupcake  I killed 3 persons today and im very fucked up so stop this nonsense” he said in almost a growl. “who…who called you…im pretty sure I dialed to alex..its 1..0..4..isit?!!” I said a bit doubtful at the end.

“no wonder you are crazy” he mumbled and went off. I stared at the door few minutes. I signed and was about turn when I heard a voice. “waiting for me ,love?”. I turned to find alex standing . “alex” I squealed from happiness.

“ I tried to call you  and..” I told him what happed. He started laughing. “you dialed it wrong . mine is 102 not 104.”
“so who did he killed today?” I asked and saw alex face turn serious. “it is better you stay out this” he said looking ahead.
……………
We took walk in the garden besides the house, talking about random things. He took me to the private bar in the house. It wasn’t big. Just a small room with a bar counter and few sofa. The light were copper gold adding highlights to the red and copper painted walls. In the middle was huge crystal  chanliter .

No one was there. “want some” alex asked as he poured himself scotch. “no ..i don’t drink” I said. he turned towards me with surprised eyes to which I smiled. “ how come no one is here” I asked as I sat in the couch. “it only for me,dereck and jake,no one else is allowed” he said sitting across me.

“only for three persons, who am I kidding ! there is a hell lot money for a mafia boss” I said. “that’s sure. But money cant buy few things. Things that are lost and never to come back” he said looking at  floor. his eyes showed unknow pain, he was in some deep thoughts.

“so..” he started as I heard footsteps. I turned to see Dereck walking in his night shirt and track pant.he eyed me and alex for a minute.

He poured himself some tequila shots and sat to couch diagonal to us making himself comfortable. With his one arm resting lazing on the head rest. His face was clam for once. His eyes flickered to me and I quickly looked away.

“where is the bartender?” he asked to alex. “I gave a day off his wife was sick” he said. “make sure if he needs any money and send it” he said and looked at me once more.

I smiled at him but he ignored and turned. Huff.. “so are you in any relationship?” alex said. I sank to the couch more as I Dereck looking at me. something made me fell insecure.
“uhmmm..i just coming out of a recent break up” I said and looked towars where dereck was sitting. But he wasn’t there. “ im going” I heard him behind me making me jump. I turned and looked at him. “  what ?” he questioned raising his eyebrow.
I quickly shook my head as stood up as if he will put a gun on my head. “uhmmm..im kind off tried so I will be heading back to my room and thank you for the talk alex” I said. “no problem love” he said getting up.

..............
Not editted.
Heya..!
Alex seems nice..
What do u think about  the update?
Comment.
And also vote!