chapter -13

I blinked my eyes twice. I must be dreaming . when I wake up im gonna be in my apartment. “if you’re thinking this is a dream then its not” he said  as if hearing my thoughts. I stood up in wobbly legs

. “Let’s go home kate” he said. “home?” I questioned. “Our home,your true home” he said. “mr whittmore has some explanation to do”he continued. “dad?” I asked. “According to you, yes let’s go” he said.

I sat in the car with him besides me. the car roared to life. im more than confused now.i was drowned in the thoughts not knowing how long it was until the car came to a halt. The salt smell of the sea hit my nose. A huge mansion stood there with pride as equal as Dereck’s. looking around me i noticed that its situated at the hill top with a sea shore below. Lucas guided me in. the interior was beautiful with gothic architecture.

A huge hall like a ball room with helical stairs at the either side of the landing, which was at the centre. Unike dereck’s modern one this was classic.

We went through a corridor with several rooms untill We reached the living room .  it didn’t had a balcony like dereck’s.  I shook my head  to stop comparing things with his. Something about him is always perfect. “ celine” I heard my dad. He rushed towards me with an angry face. “I knew it!, the day you brought him in the house I knew he ment trouble.” He said to me. I looked at floor feeling bad for hiding things from dad. I knew this day would come.

“we have more things to discuss other than that” Lucas said to my dad whose eyes where still on me as he nodded.we all sat on the couch. Dad sighened  looking at the window. “I should have told you before”  he said in a low voice. “told me what?” I asked getting a bad feeling.

“we aren’t your real parents” he said. I looked at him with wide eyes. “one night  me and emma  where walking to the park and…and that’s when we saw lucas.” He said gluping  and squatting his eyes at the memory. “he…he was covered in blood holding you. You were just a year old and he was 10 . we ran towards him . but he sat on there like a statue not answering any of or questions.

After few minutes he looked at us and asked us to take care of you until he is legal to take you under his care. Emma fell in love with you once she took you in her arms. I asked him to come along with you. He didn’t agree.after a lot of forcing I brought him home along with you.

After you and emma slept . we had a talk. He told me how your parents were killed infront of his eyes and he couldn’t do anything. i panicked once I knew that your parents where in mafia. I was struggling whether to report to the police or not. He found out . he begged me not to. I left it the situation to deal in the moring. But in the moring he was gone. Emma insisted to search  but I knew its better off.

He was forgotten as years passed.you grew up to be a wonderfull girl. Emma was always proud of you.she never knew that you came from mafia. life was perfect with you ,emma and and Britney. one day lucas came back. He asked us to give you back and that he was 18. We weren’t ready.i told him that your life is too innocent to get into mafia .

by that time you didn’t even knew that something like that was in existent. He finally gave up after lot of tries. By the time he was 23 he came back telling that he gained more enemies and your life is in danger and you need to have some self defences.” He said pausing. “ I think I know the rest” I said as a lumped formed in my throat tears threatened to fall. “its okay kate, your safe now” lucas said hugging me with one arm.

……..

It has been hours since that has happened.my whole life was a lie. I was born in a mafia family. I was wondering around the mansion. Lucas says that this mansion is where I was born yet it doesn’t feel like home. I reaching the dining with a deck. I stood there watching as the moon light  hit the shores. “how are you doing?”  I jumped from the sudden voice. Lucas chuckled. “ I know it’s a lot to take in but there is time” he said standing besides me. “so my real  name is kate” I asked. “ ya ,kate la motre’. It runs in your blood” he said.

“you said our parents were killed …who did ..it” I asked. his face became still. “ its a bad memory that changed our lifes. There is already lot in you plate.” He said. “please ..i…i..wana know” I said. he signed. “ the hamitons” he said. “ NO, dereck would never do that” I yelled as the controlled  tears fell. “ you can never know a person fully” he said. “so did…did ..you..” I was cut off by my sobbing. “ no , I didn’t kill her.” He said.”mafia blood may run in us but they did raised us in a good way” he continued.

“what  happened how did they end up being dead …our..our parents” I said,feeling really strange to say it. “we  had enemies mostly for the power  ,but no one dare to do anything and all of sudden theses Hamiltons march in slaughtering everyone in their way. They butchered our dad and short our mom thrices. The worst part they made me watch with you in my hands. i remember a guy telling me that we are next .he had his gun pointed in my head all along. They fleed when our people came.” He said. his nerves were popping out of anger in his forehead.

He sighned. “all I wanted was revenge at that time. but I had to wait for the right time.whatever they did to us was cruel and causal thing in mafia. as time passed my anger died.hamiltons and us clashed from time to time, there were few deaths, but nothing major. Few years ago they blamed us for the loss of their smuggled goods. It eventually started turning into war. One day Dereck’s crazy head sister thought that I was gonna kill him at some point and came to me  begging not to kill him. I tried telling her that im not planning to but then she ended up killing herself.unfortunatly she happened to die here and that made up everything “ he said.

“I can help you . they seemed to have some kind of trust on me . I might put an act and get some information.”I said. “no!, I just got you. They will kill you if they found out .” he said panicking. “I want some answers, i..i” I cut myself off as a lump formed in my throat.

“you like him do you ? dereck Hamilton” he said . I didn’t say ant thing just kept looking ahead. “ just be safe” he said.

...... ..
Not editted
Read ,comment and vote.