Home (Part 3)

The mysterious visitor at the reader's cell turns out to be none but Harley Quinn herself. How did she even get there? But more importantly: what did she want?
Word count: 471

"Hey there" she said.

A very pale, blonde and pretty young woman stood just outside your cell. Her hair was quite long and was dyed pink and blue.

You wondered how and where in the complex could she have gotten the dye and how and where could you get it as well. You also saw tattoos here and there, the most noticeable one was on her jaw and read—Oh, no. You thought.

"I'm Harley Quinn." She said, inserting an arm through the bars "Nice to meet'cha!"

You watch her hand for a moment, the best idea would probably be to shake it but then again, what would happen if you did so? You decided to trust in the resilience of your cell and just sat there looking at her.

"Shy, aren't you?" She pulled her arm out and smiled "It's okay, I won't hurt you."

You seriously doubted that.
Harley looked at you with a funny face, as if she'd seen you before but couldn't quite figure out where.

"Wait a minute," she finally said "you're that girl from the magazines, right?"

"I-uh... yeah, that's me," you blurted out, hoping that if you played along she would leave soon. What is she doing out of her cell anyway?

"I haven't even told you everything, silly." she grinned mockingly "You're that girl with the rich boy, right? What was his name?" She tapped her lips, thinking.

"Lex" you said.

"That's right!" She sang and then looked at you mischievously "I heard he killed Superman."

You sighed "that's right. Well, I mean, technically it was the monster Lex made the one who did it. But yeah..., pretty much."

Harley looked at you, hopeful "do you think he could kill Batsy?"

"Batman?" That took you by surprise "uh... I guess." You were curious to know what Harley's motives to do so were, but you thought it would be best not to ask.

"Why would you want to kill him?" Curiosity will get you killed one day.

Harley looked at you for a second and her features became somber.

I'm dead.

"Batsy, Batsy Batsy." She said sardonically, her face returning to its normal cheery-yet-psycho expression, "he ruined date night, you see?"
What?

"Oh..." you managed to say, "sorry about that."

"Oh, it's alright." She said, grinning, "so! You will ask Lex to kill Batsy for me, won't you?"
You nodded.

"Harley!" A male voice called and you heard several people approaching, guards most likely. Took you long enough, you thought. You'd liked Harley, sincerely; but that didn't change the fact that she was Harley Quinn.

"Gotta go!" Harley said and disappeared down the hall, a dozen guards running after her.

Given her reputation. You prayed Lex would kill Batman.
If you ever saw Lex again, that was...