Home (Ending)

It's been fifteen months since the encounter with Harley Quinn took place. After all this time, Y/N is losing faith. Ah, if she only knew what fate has in store.
Warnings: none
Word count: 682
This chapter contains a reference to  FOX's "Gotham", If you've watched the show I do hope you get it (if they recreate that scene with Lex in "Justice League", I swear I'll cry of pure happiness). If you haven't watched it, I highly recommend that you do.

                                                         ///Fifteen months later///
"Y/N" Griggs called
You lifted your index finger, signaling that he waited as you finished the paragraph of the novel you were currently reading.

"What?" You asked.

"You have visitors," he said.

"What?" You repeated, confused. You never had any visitors.

"Y/N!" Amanda Waller's voice was unmistakable even after all this time. She appeared right outside your cell, Griggs and a pair of guards flanking her. "How did you do it?" She demanded.

"Do what?" You asked.

"Don't you dare play fool with me, Y/N!" she snapped violently.

"What are you—?" you were interrupted by the sound of Griggs's radio.

"Ma'am," he said to Amanda, "we have a problem."

"Hm! Ahoy, ahoy, everyone." A familiar voice called, followed by the sound of approaching footsteps.

"Lex?" You breathed.
None other than Lex Luthor himself stood at your cell door.

"Ah! There you are!" He said, smiling as he caught sight of you, "hello, sweetheart."

"Lex!" You cried, tears rolling down your cheeks.

"You over there, would you be kind enough to open this cell?" He asked Griggs, who looked at Amanda questioningly.

"Hold up, Luthor." She said, anger now visible in her features, "you are in no position to ask for anything. How are you even here?"
Lex turned to see her and pulled out some papers, giving them to her.

"You see, madam. It turns out I just bought the place, so I am in position to make requests." He smiled  at her and then looked back at Griggs, "the door, please."

Griggs approached the cell door and opened it reluctantly. You ran to Lex's arms and buried your face in the crook of his neck, staining his shirt with your tears. Lex wrapped his arms around you tightly and kissed your forehead, "I thought I'd never see you again." You cried.

"Shhh, Y/N. I'm here." He assured you, "everything's alright."

Amanda looked at you furiously, "I don't know how you got out in the first place, Lex. But—" Lex cut her off before she could finish.

"Ah! About that, I am healed! I have the certificate to prove it." Lex pulled out one last piece of paper from his jacket and handed it over to Amanda, who immediately snatched it and started reading.

"Oh, you've got to be kidding me!" She protested, staring at the release form and certification of sanity from Arkham Asylum. She shoved the paper back in Lex's hand. Breaking the embrace and almost hitting you before she stormed out of the room, defeated.

Lex let you go and held your face with both of his hands, making you look directly into his eyes "are you okay?"
You nodded, but he seemed unconvinced.

"Hm..., alright." He turned to look at Griggs "But if she shows any signs of psychological trauma, you will answer for it."
Griggs scoffed, "are you done?"

"Grab your things, Y/N" Lex told you, "we have important manners to attend."
You got into your cell for the last time and grabbed your small book collection, "done" you told Lex when you got out, he grabbed your hand and escorted you out.

"Are you sure you're not missing anything, Y/N?" He asked.

You thought about it, confused. "I-uh... no, I don't think so?"

Lex smiled at you "Yes, you are," along with the papers he'd shown Amanda was an envelope. He took a small object out of it and held your left hand in his. When he let go of it, your gold wedding ring adorned your finger once again. You smiled and looked at him.

"Let's go home, Y/N." Lex said, smiling.

You returned the smile and follow him out of Belle Reve and onto the LexCorp helicopter that would take you back to your old beloved life.
Lex took your hand and helped you get on the aircraft. He climbed after you and sat by your side, he looked at you and suddenly you started giggling.

"What is it, love?" He asked, surprise and curiosity on his features.

"Oh, nothing." You said, "I just remembered a favor someone asked me."

Lex stared at you even more curiously, "a favor?"

"Harley Quinn would like to know if you could kill Batman for her." You said, "he ruined date night."