Interlude imagine: Anything For You

Okay, so. It's taking me forever to keep on with the "Close Call" story, but rest assured, I'm working on it.
In the meantime I have this little story for you.

Thank you so much for your support. Enjoy!

Y/N, your name
Y/N/N, your nickname, if you have it.
Word count: 743
Warnings: none
GIF isn't mine!

***
It was late at night when you decided that you could not sleep. For the last hour or so, you'd gone from reading a book, browsing the internet and rolling and tossing around in bed. No matter what you did, sleep just didn't come.
At this point the pain in your eyes —caused by looking at your phone screen— was now accompanied with a headache.
Sighing, you got out of bed, put on your slippers and walked out of the room and into the night.

The hallway seemed to extend for miles in front of you, its darkness only broken by the single illuminated door frame at the end of it.
Feeling suddenly nervous, you rushed to the door and knocked in a rather aggressive way.

"Y/N?" Lex called, his voice muffled by the thick wooden door, was followed by the sound of his footsteps getting closer and closer to you. He opened the door and for a second you were blinded by the intense light coming from the studio behind him. "Y/N, is everything alright? I thought you were asleep two hours ago."
Two hours? You thought, realizing just how much you'd lost track of time. "I-uh... yeah. I can't sleep." You looked at him with your very best puppy eyes.
Lex tensed a little and gazed at you with concern "is everything alright?"
"Yeah, fine. Everything's fine." You shrugged "Can I... join you for a while?"
He became even more concerned but had already figured that you weren't going to tell him anything, so he just nodded and stepped aside to let you in.

"Thank you." You gave him a small smile and walk into the room, accommodating yourself in a leather couch right in front of the lit fireplace. You grabbed the faux fur throw —the one throw Lex let you keep only because his love for you was greater than his hatred for it— from its usual spot and wrapped yourself with it.

It was this gesture that set off all of Lex's alerts. "Y/N. What's going on?" He asked nervously as he sat next to you.
"Nothing" you assured him, a hint of surprise trailing behind your words.
"Y/N/N," he says impatiently. "It's the middle of one of the coldest nights Metropolis has ever witnessed and you, the woman who claims will 'freeze to death' every time she walks next to a store refrigerator, isn't curled up into a ball underneath our very warm duvet."

You thought happy thoughts about that indeed very warm duvet, but soon forget about them as you remember the store refrigerator remark and get offended. "Hey! Those refrigerators are ridiculously cold, far more cold than necessary even. I don't understand how you can walk beside them without as much of a shudder."
For a moment Lex looked at you, wearing a skeptical expression on his face. But it is soon replaced by a mocking smirk and a chuckle.
You look back at him, even more offended. "What are you—?"
"You watched a scary movie before going to bed, didn't you?" He cuts you off, his words filled with amusement. You open your mouth to say something but closed it again.
Gotcha, Lex thought, chuckling harder at the killer look you were giving him. "So what was it, darling? Ghosts? Demons? Crazy ax murderers?" He asked, his tone mocking and loving at the same time. "Oh, God." His voice became somber. "It wasn't clowns, was it?" Lex hated clowns.

You wanted to protest but already knew that there's no point to it, so you decide to surrender to his teasing "...ghosts." You muttered, looking down at the couch.
"Ah, I see." He chuckled once more and pulled you into a hug. "You could've told me that from the beginning." You adjusted your body to his and lay your head on his shoulder. You weren't extremely affectionate a person, but you needed the pampering at the moment. "Give me five minutes and I'll go fight off the non-existent ghost, okay?" He assured you. "I'll punch it straight to the face."
You laughed at his sudden threat. "You would do that for me?"
"Anything for you, Y/N." He said and kissed your hair.
You shifted your position and kissed him back. "Thank you, but I think your fist would just go straight through the ghost's face, though."
Lex looked at you with an annoyed expression once again. "Now, don't push your luck."