Missing (Ending)

I finally got time to finish this! I'm so sorry, guys. I've been caught up with a lot of work lately, I hope you enjoy reading this as much as I enjoyed writing it ❤️ this is mi favorite work so far. Let me know what you think! Also, if you have any requests I'd love to write something for you.
Warnings: none
Word Count: 921

"The court of owls" the bearded man Lex sent after you said when you finished your story.
"The what?" You inquired, genuinely confused
"The court of owls" he repeated "a bunch of old and rich douchebags that supposedly run Gotham. I guess they thought that with the Bat and Superman going at each other's throats, it would be a good a idea to expand their operations to Metropolis and God knows where else" he said.
The three of you had boarded one of the company's helicopters and were rushing to Gotham. Lex had ordered some of his men to the house you'd lived in for the past months, but other than that he'd remained quiet for the rest of the trip. You wanted to break the silence but knew better and didn't.
"Get ready" the bearded man said "we'll land soon"
* * *
Some time later, you and Lex sat at the back of one of his stark white sedans and were speeding through the streets of Gotham. Lex remained quiet, the bearded man spoke on the phone and you just sat there, looking through the window fearing the worst.
During the past months, every time you left the house the "court of owls" put you in, you would be escorted by at least one armed man and would only be authorized to stay outside in lapses no longer than two hours each and never after dark in case the Batman happened to be outside. You knew what would happen if you broke these terms.
And now you had.

You were so caught up in your thoughts that you nearly screamed when you felt a hand on your shoulder. You jumped at the sudden contact and looked up to see Lex right next to you.
"Y/N" Lex squeezed your shoulder gently, but you could still feel the tension through the touch "we're here"
* * *
Both of you had been told to stay in the car while Lex's henchmen cleared the house and so you did.
From outside, the white two-floor house seemed to be as calm and quiet as when you left earlier, but still you were scared to death and ready to run inside at any moment; you couldn't really read his expression, but it seemed that Lex felt just like you. Even worse, perhaps.
A moment later, the bearded man returned "we're clear"
What? You thought, there was no way this could be this simple, but still you immediately jumped out the car and ran inside.
"M/N! (Maid Name)" You called your maid. "M/N!"
"Miss (L/N)!" She replied, confusion and shock trailing her voice.
You found her at the edge of the stairs, doing her best to keep it together after a bunch of armed, strange men invaded the house. "Take what you need and get in the car outside" you said "We're not safe here"
While the henchmen had said that the place was clear, you couldn't take any chances. She was about to leave when you called her once more "where is she?"
"In her nursery" she said and headed down stairs, quickly grabbing things here and there before disappearing through the front door.
You almost ran to the room she'd mentioned and opened the door slowly.

It was dark inside, the only light coming from the hallway behind you. You walked slowly, the sound of your steps muffled by the light colored carpet, until you reached the crib.
You stood completely frozen next to it for a second, fearing what you would or would not find inside. You gathered enough courage to do it and looked inside.

Just as you'd left her that evening, your baby girl lay soundly sleeping on her little mattress, her favorite stuffed animal next to her.
You sighed in relief and cried of joy as you picked her up and held her to your chest. The little one opened her eyes and cooed as you kissed her forehead.
Unable to shake the feeling of uneasiness, you grabbed a few supplies and the stuffed animal and turned to exit the room, but found someone blocking the doorway.
You flinched at the sight, but recovered as soon as you saw that it was Lex standing at the door.
Just a few minutes ago, Lex's expression had been unreadable but now he looked happy, nervous and scared to death all at once.

You wiped your tears with your free hand and smiled, it wasn't often when one would see him as vulnerable as he was now "D/N (Daughter Name), this is your dad: Lex. You might recognize him from the pictures" you told the child and gazed at Lex "Lex, this is D/N. You have not seen her in photos, but she's your daughter"

Lex looked more terrified than ever, slightly mumbling and making those funny noises. "I-uh. Hm"
You laughed a little and slowly placed the child in his arms, he was as nervous as ever so you kept your hands beneath the baby just in case.
Lex examined his daughter and chuckled nervously "she looks just like you" he said.
You grinned, leaning "she has your eyes"
He adjusted D/N, holding her in one of his arms and pulling you to his chest with the other. You buried your face in the crook of his neck as he kissed your forehead.

"It's all over, Y/N." he comforted you "no one will take you, either of you away again"

No one