seven

As I watched Liam's plane take off, I felt a sense of emptiness inside of me.

It was overwhelming, and although I had seen him very few times over the past two months since Glasgow, watching him leave was a lot harder than I had imagined.

"A fuckin' record deal!"

I remembered how excited Liam sounded as he told me over the phone on that night in Glasgow. And I remembered how excited I was, too.

Everything I had seen them working so hard on had finally paid off, they were getting the recognition that Oasis deserved and I had never been more proud of Liam for what he had done.

But then, I never thought about the effects it would have on me, as he jetted off to tour the world, leaving me behind with nothing but a missed call at 4am every night.

I rarely heard from Liam after the first two weeks of him being away from home. I got less text messages, no phone calls, not even a letter.  I had begun sinking back into myself, taking myself back into solitary and becoming as introverted as I was back before I met Liam.

I spent my days working overtime, spending my money on alcohol at the pub just round the corner from the office, where Liam used to meet me after work most nights.

It was only then, that I realised how much I had changed, and how much I depended on Liam, needing him to live normally.

Liam's P.O.V

Nothing was still, the room was spinning. I wiped my nose with my sleeve, white powder staining the material, making my eyes roll slightly, my mouth hang open as I tried to breathe normally for just a few moments.

I looked over and saw Noel sat in the corner, a blonde girl on his lap, kissing his neck as he held a cigarette to his lips and a bottle of whisky in his free hand.

He noticed me watching him, holding the whisky bottle up in the air, nodding his head in my direction before turning and kissing the girl so hard that they both fell onto the ground.

There was another girl in the room, a dark haired girl with brown eyes and red stained lips. A little black dress clung to her hips as she drank from a bottle of Russian Vodka that I'd found in the hotel room earlier.

Standing up, I pushed open a window and let the room empty of the cigarette smoke, sticking my head out and letting the cool midnight air hit my skin, calming me down, steadying my head.

America was another world, nothing like home. New York was a city that was like nowhere I had ever been. The towering sky scrapers and the bustling streets had no competition with Manchester or even London. The architecture stunned me as I looked in every direction, pulling my head apart as I tried to take in as much as I could, the sound of the traffic on the streets below becoming a numb buzz to me.

"What are you thinking?"

The brunette was next to me, her head by mine as she blew smoke from her lips out into the open.

I didn't respond to her.

"Are you going to kiss me, Liam?"

I hated the way she said my name, the way it sounded in her high pitched American accent. I let out a sigh, still, staying silent.

"You know, you have your pretty guitars and your sexy British accents, but you're not all that much. You're full of drugs and shit. You don't care about yourself, you don't listen to anybody, you're not better than me or her."

She pointed at the girl Noel was still kissing by the foot of the bed, only they were now making a move out of the bedroom, leaving Liam and the girl alone.

"I'm here because you asked me to be here. I could've been doing so much more. Just because you're a rockstar, Liam, doesn't mean you can waste people's time."

I grabbed the bottle of whisky from her hands and took a swig, paused, then finished the rest of the bottle.

Thinking, although not deeply, I couldn't answer her question from before. I didn't know what I was thinking.

Looking at her body, the way she stood before me with her hand on her hip and a cigarette hanging between her lips, all I could think about was the fact that I definitely didn't want to go home.

I gave a piece of myself to New York last night, but at the same time, without knowing it, I had thrown the rest of myself down the drain.

////////

Sorry it's been so long! I've had exams and other stuff to deal with. I wasn't sure whether to carry on with this book before my exams but now coming back to all these wonderful comments have made me want to write even more.

Thank you for your support on this book, please comment what you think about this chapter!