seventeen

"Britney love, what're you doing?"

"You stay the fuck away from her mate or I'll shove my guitar up your arse."

I had drenched Liam's shirt with tears, and I didn't intend to stop until I heard Damon's voice, followed by Noel giving him a piece of his mind before I'd even looked in his direction.

Liam gently let go of me, his hands holding on to my waist a little longer than they needed to as he looked me in the eyes, apologising over and over again under his breath, trying to hold back tears.

I sniffed, wiping my eyes with my knuckles as I stood before Damon. He looked stressed. Running his hands through his hair repeatedly, he kept opening his mouth to go to speak, only for no words to come out and to fall silent again.

Staring at him, my expression said 'well?', waiting for him to start explaining.

"Brit darling it's not what it sounds like, she came on to me-"

"That's not what it looked like."

"Noel!" I said, sending a scowl in his direction, telling him to keep his mouth shut for two minutes.

Damon's face was washed with desperation and anxiety. I had never seen him look so flustered. Stood here with two Gallagher's glaring at him, he didn't know what to do with himself.

Shifting his weight between his feet, Damon tugged at the sleeves on his shirt, his eyes darting around nervously.

"We, we used to have a thing, me and her. She's clearly not over it and she just came onto me, I didn't know she was going to do that did I?" He stepped closer to me, his hands reaching out and grabbing my waist, "I would never do anything to hurt you."

When he spoke, his eyes looked past me, staring straight at Liam who was stood with his arms folded.

"Why was she so close?" I said, in barely a whisper.

"What?" Damon replied, furrowing his brows.

"Why was she so close to you Damon? Why didn't you tell her no or push her away, why were you even talking to her? You left me all night and I was wondering where you were and it turns out that's what you were doing?"

I pushed his hands off me, feeling sick at the thought of him with his hands all over another woman. He could've said no. He didn't have to speak to her, didn't have to make conversation, didn't have to engage with her to the point where she got close enough to even try to kiss him. There was so many opportunities for him to not let this happen. Yet he decided to take none of them.

"Britney I promise you-"

"Don't touch me." I said, backing away from him as he came closer to me, trying again to comfort me and get me to change my mind.

"Please just listen to me. Whatever he said to you it's-"

"She said no, you piece of shit."

This time, it was Liam interfering. Stepping in front of me, he placed a hand on Damon's chest, stopping him from coming any closer to me.

Damon just laughed, a nervous chuckle at best. He never got intimidated easily, and I could tell he wasn't about to let anyone, let alone Liam or Noel, stick their nose into this situation.

"Yeah? And what are you gonna do about it? You think you're some massive hard man that runs the show, you and your brother, but I've got news for you, mate-"

"This isn't about me. Can hate me all you want, call me all the names under the bleeding sun and I won't give a flying fuck. But this, this hasn't got anything to do with me."