Chapter Ten - Dinner With Dougie

Dougie had draped his arm over my weak shoulders, escorting Gabe and me out of the tunnel of the TD Garden. On the way, we had passed several Bruins players; many that I could call my good friends. I waved and shared smiles with Tuukka Rask, Brad Marchand, and Patrice Bergeron.

When I saw Tuukka, I could help but send a playful glare his way. Tuukka and I were actually pretty close, but I hadn't talked to him in quite a while. We both have been busy, obviously.

"Hey, where have you been?" Tuukka pouts, holding his arms wide open, gesturing for me to run into them.

I jump into his arms, soon feeling myself being lifted up into the air. Tuukka spins me around, holding my body close to his. I giggle uncontrollably. Tuukka always hugged me like this because he knew I hated being spun around at such a fast pace; and, of course, he was spinning me much faster during this encounter.

"Stop, Tuukka! Stop!" I laugh as I ball up my fists, smacking him in his shoulders.

"Not until you tell me why you haven't talked to me!" Tuukka laughs, spinning me around faster and faster.

"I've been busy! Please, you're going to make me throw up!" I cough, soon feeling a bit woozy.

Soon Tuukka places my feet back on the ground. I also lose my balance, my knees wobbling as I blink my eyes rapidly, still seeing everything tilt sideways. I look up at the tall Fin, a cheesy grin spreading across his face. I push him playfully, watching him pout in response. 

"What was that for?" Tuukka laughs as he drapes one of his arms over my shoulders. 

"For spinning me around, you turd." I state, trying to keep myself from dying of laughter. 

Tuukka rolls his eyes and scoffs at my expense. He knew I absolutely hated it when he did that, but it always some how brought us closer. I look over at Gabe and Dougie, seeing them eye me in confusion. Dougie raises his eyebrow while Gabe glares at me. What was his problem? Was he jealous? There was no reason to be jealous. Tuukka and I weren't, and never will be, a thing. I was Gabe's and he was mine. Or, at least, I think. 

"Come on, sister. Do you want your lobster roll or not?" Dougie chuckles dryly. 

Tuukka unravels his arm from my small shoulders then slowly backs away. I hug him quickly before Dougie or Gabe could say a word. Tuukka smiles at me and we say our goodbyes. I turn towards Dougie and Gabe, sharing a cheesy smile in the process. 

Dougie leads us out of the TD Garden, none of us saying a word. I look over at Gabe, sensing some tension. His hands are shoved into his pant pockets, his gaze straight ahead as his breathing is deep and rapid. I place my hand on his arm, seeing how he reacts. 

"Gabe? Are you alright?" I whisper, rubbing his arm softly. 

"Fine," he says coldly, not allowing himself to look down at me. 

"You don't seem fine." I say softly. "Please tell me what's wrong." 

"I don't like seeing other guys flirt with you, or touching you, or hugging you, or even talking to you." Gabe snaps under his breath. "I don't want you to get hurt, ever."

I look up at him and I bite my lip in apprehension. He was jealous, wasn't he? I appreciated him being my guardian, but I didn't want him to feel like every guy was a threat. Tuukka was one of my closest friends, nothing more. Same with Varly. The only guy I could ever see myself with now was him- Gabe. 

"Gabe, Tuukka is just a friend. Varly is just a friend. They aren't you." I say, continuing to rub his arm.

He looks down at me and his blue eyes sparkle. His bandaged hand slowly makes its way out of his pocket, and soon grabs hold of mine.