Chapter Thirty-One: Regret (DIRTY CHAPTER)

As I walk down the stairs of Varly's apartment, shame and regret overwhelm me. My body is shaking, my heart is pounding, my hands are sweaty. Yet, for some reason, I wanted our dance to go further. However, I am engaged to Gabe, the man of my dreams. I cannot throw that away for one night of passion with Varly, not again. 

I stop at the fifth floor stairwell, trying to calm my breathing. I just ran out of Varly's apartment without even really explaining myself. I know he is frustrated with the games I have been playing with him, as well. Then I think to myself: Would the sexual frustration go away if we just finally gave in and had sex just once?

I shake my head of these thoughts. There is absolutely no way in hell that would work. Right? I place my left hand on the staircase railing, tapping my fingers on the cool metal. I take a deep breath and close my eyes. Maybe it would work, maybe it would make things worse. 

I am very attracted to Varly, I am not going to lie. His accent sends shivers down my spine. His touch electrifies me. He clearly wants me, but now I am not so sure if he would after I kept playing games with his heart. 

I keep tapping my fingers against the railing as I hear my phone start ringing. I pull my phone out of my pocket and I see Gabe is calling me. Nerves shoot throughout my body as I do not know what to do. Do I answer it and go home? Or do I ignore it and go back to Varly? 

My phone now rings for the fifth time, and eventually Gabe hangs up. I sigh as I put my phone back into my pocket. I turn to the left and I look up the stairwell, seeing lights flicker above me. My phone rings again and I press the power button, soon feeling the vibration dying. I look down at my hand and see that it is gripping onto the railing tightly. Come on, Mallory. Don't do this.

But I did.

I run up the staircase and make my way to the ninth floor. I sprint down the hallway to Varly's apartment and I knock on the door frantically, trying to catch my breath as I feel tears swell up in my eyes. Soon I hear the door creak open and the tall Russian stands in front of me. He is now in his pajamas and his eyes meet mine, soon growing wide.

"Mallory? I thought you went home." Varly whispers.

Before he could say anything else, I grab him by the shirt and I pull him into a passionate kiss. He is hesitant at first, but soon pulls my body into his, resting his hands on my hips. 

"What are you doing?" he asks in between our passionate kisses. 

"I need you," I whisper back as I move my hands up and down his chest.

"Are you drunk?" he raises his eyebrow at me and grabs my hands, pinning them down at my sides. 

"No, I just need you," I move closer to him. "I cannot keep questioning it anymore." 

"But, you and Gabe," he starts, "it wouldn't be right."

"Fuck it," I moan against his neck, soon hearing him whimper. 

He grabs my hands and pulls me into his apartment and slams the door, soon pressing my body up against it. He starts kissing me roughly on the lips and makes his way to my neck, then the kisses turn into bites.

"Don't leave proof," I whisper as I slowly tilt his head up towards me. 

He nods and wraps his arms around my legs, soon picking me up and carrying me into the bedroom. He pushes me against the wall as he digs his hips in with mine, causing me to moan softly. 

"How do you want it?" he moans in my ear.

"Hard," I gasp as I feel him press his erection against me.