Chapter Twenty-Eight - Will You or Won't You?

A/N - I hope everyone can read this now.

"Mallory, it's time to get up. We could be lifting the Cup tonight." I heard Gabe's sweet voice awake me from my pregame nap.

I scrunched up my nose as I stretched my arms over my head. I slowly opened my eyes and I saw Gabe's face hovering over mine. A sleepy smirk spread across my face as I slowly wrapped my arms around his neck.

"Well, hello there, Captain Landeskog." I press my lips against his, tasting his mint lip balm.

I pressed my hand against the back of his head and pushed him to me to deepen the kiss. I felt his tongue slowly swipe over my bottom lip which was trembling at his touch. A soft moan escaped my mouth as I slowly felt him pull away from me. I pout my lips at him as I look up, seeing him shake his head slowly at me.

"Save it for tonight, baby doll. I'll show you how a captain plays rough." Gabe smirks at me, causing me to bite my lip. The thoughts that were flooding my mind at the moment were unholy ones.

"Please do," I moan impatiently, rubbing my hand against his muscular chest. "I've been waiting for so long."

Gabe winks at me and slowly pulls me up from my laying position. We both checked each other out as much as we possibly could whilst we were getting dressed. I slipped into a tight black dress that cut off just above my knee. The chest was cropped, showing some cleavage. I looked over at Gabe and I saw him in his charcoal gray suit he usually wore. He was struggling with his burgundy tie, then huffed in frustration.

"You would think, four years in the league, I would know how to do this by now." Gabe grumbles, his fingers fumbling over the fabric.

"That's why I'm here," I giggle as I walk over to him, taking his tie into my hands. "Are you nervous?"

"Incredibly," he responds with a forced laughter. "Are you?"

"Most definitely." I reply, fixing his tie. "Lord Stanley is in the building."

"Who would have thought we would be here playing for the Stanley Cup?" Gabe looks down at me as he places his hands on my waist. "At the beginning of the season, I thought it would be a long shot."

"I completely agree with you." I state as I finish tying his tie, then I rest my hands on his strong shoulders. "But I knew deep down we could do it."

"I'm passing the Cup to you first," he grins at me, pulling me closer by the waist.

"Whoa, whoa, slow down there, Landeskog." I can't help but blush. "I think you should give it to someone else. Don't show favoritism."

"But you're my favorite and you should raise it after me," he whines, scrunching his nose.

"Nope. Pass it to one of your alternate captains." I smile at him. "We'll all get our turn."

"Fine," he scoffs before he kisses my head. "I'm getting two trophies tonight."

"Two?" I smirk at him. "Sorry, babe. But the Conn Smythe is going to Varly."

"I'm talking about you, smart ass." Gabe smirks at me before I felt his hand spank me. "I can eat out of both of you."

"Gabe!" I squeal and I smack him in the chest.

"What? It's true! You can't resist me," he winks before he dips his head down and presses his lips against mine.

"Come on, we have to go." I whisper after I slowly pull away from him.

Gabe leads me out to the car and we drive through the traffic of downtown Denver. We listen to our usual pregame playlist coming through the stereo. His hand was intertwined with mine as his thumb traced circles over my knuckles. I was very nervous about tonight's game. It was game five of the Stanley Cup final against the Montreal Canadiens. All five games have been hard hitting and low scoring. We won our first two games at home, won one out of two in Canada, and now were home to hopefully wrap up the series.