13. What?!

Farshad's P.O.V

Farshad's final lecture of the day had just finished. As soon as he left the lecture room, Umayr was waiting impatiently for him, right outside the lecture room. Farshad wasn't expecting him right now, he thought he had a lecture. Did that mean he was...skipping a lecture? How can that be possible? Farshad knew how studious and serious he was. This could only mean one thing...he knew something and it had to be acted upon urgently.

"Farsh! News!" Umayr said, as soon as he saw Farshad. That was enough to confirm Farshad's suspicions.

"What happened?" Farshad asked, desperately wanting to know what he knew.

"Not here, dude. Lets get out of here!" He replied, and strode quickly ahead of Farshad. Farshad caught up with him immediately.

"Where are we going?" Farshad asked him.

"To the nearby park. There's a lot that's happening at this very moment, Farshad. It's quite shocking, to tell you the truth!" Umayr said.

Farshad was eager to know what he wanted to tell him. When they finally got to the park, which was thankfully empty, except for a couple that was quite a distance away, the two of them sat on the bench there and Umayr spilled everything he knew to Farshad.

"Dude, my informer has been on the lookout for them. He has followed them for the past three years. Remember they were out of the country over the course of the three years? That's the last piece of information we had about them?" Umayr said.

Farshad nodded.

Burhan Murat and Zack Warner were still on the loose. When Farshad had stayed back in this town during mid-semester break, three years ago, Umayr's informer told them that during that period, they left the country under fake identities with flawless disguises. And since that time, neither Farshad, nor the country's entire police force, could do anything about them. So they were still roaming around, but in that foreign country, scot-free.

"They're back, Farsh. They're back in the country. In this town, and at this very moment, in this particular southeast region of this town," Umayr said, gravely.

Immediately, Farshad's expression turned rigid and he clenched his fists.

"Why did they come back? If they managed to escape from here, where they're wanted as criminals, why did they come back from a country where they're not recognised? There has to be an ulterior motive!" Farshad said, grimly.

"Right you are, man. Ever heard of Zakir Hamid?" Umayr asked.

Farshad racked his brain, searching for this name. He tried his best to recall if he had heard this name anywhere. Zakir Hamid? When he couldn't get anything, he shook his head.

"Nope, who's he?" Farshad asked.

"Basically, he's the richest person in one of the towns of the country which these guys escaped to. The town of that country considers Zakir Hamid as royalty," Umayr explained.

"Oh, right. But what has Zakir Hamid got to do with the return of these two? Unless, did they steal from him, what with him being so rich and all? And now they're marked as wanted criminals in that country too?" Farshad asked.

"No. Frankly, I don't know what Zakir Hamid has to do with their return, but my informer told me there is a connection," Umayr said.

"There's only one way of knowing. Following them, and keeping them under surveillance," Farshad replied.

"Exactly. And now, spying on them is going to be easy-peasy. They are here in the southeast region as I told you. And this time round, my informer knows their location. They are in some old warehouse in Goldwick Valley Boulevard. This means, they are on the very same boulevard as us, right now!" Umayr said, excitedly.