40. What should I do?

"Farshad, wake up! You have a bus to catch," I said, standing next to Farshad's side of the bed while bending slightly over Farshad's sleeping form, as I gently shook his shoulder to wake him.

Farshad mumbled something inaudible in his sleep, and grabbed my wrist, pulling me closer and making me bend a little more.

"Farshad! Get up, c'mon!" I said, without attempting to pull my hand away from his comforting grip.

He just pulled me a little more, causing me to lose my balance and fall on top of him on the bed. His eyes shot open as soon as I crashed on to him and for a moment there, I was lost staring into his light brown irises.

"What a beautiful sight to wake up to," Farshad said, causing me to turn crimson as heat crept on to my cheeks.  He was staring at my face with me still on top of him since he wasn't releasing my wrist.

"Er, F-Farshad, uh, wake up. You have a...a bus to catch...in two hours," I stuttered, clearly flustered.

Farshad responded by wrapping his arms around my waist.

"Farshad! What are you doing? You'll get late! I need to go make breakfast! Release me," I said, finding my tongue.

"I don't want to get up. This is comfortable!" Farshad responded, burying his face in my neck.

"Farshad! Honestly! Please, get up!" I said, my cheeks feeling extremely warm.

"Alright, alright. Fine, I'm getting up," he said. He lifted his head up and released my waist, allowing me to get up from on top of him, and then he got out of the bed.

"Didn't you tell Muhammad you'll go to pick him up and then go to the bus station together?" I asked.

"Yeah, about that, change of plan. Muhammad is going to go straight, I don't need to go get him, we'll just meet at the bus station. Instead, you'll accompany me to the bus station," Farshad said.

"Okay. How long will you be gone for?" I asked.

"Aliyah, sorry, I know we just got back from honeymoon, but I can't come back until I've caught this guy and sent him to jail. I would've asked you to come along but unfortunately I can't because I'll be staying at my friend Umayr's house," Farshad said.

"Hey, I don't mind. And In sha Allah you'll catch him before you even know it, and get back here soon. I believe in you!" I told him, not hiding the admiration in my voice.

Farshad came closer and kissed my cheek when I said that.

"Alright, princess. I'm going to shower now," Farshad announced.

"Okay. I'll go make breakfast," I said.

"Aliyah, you don't need to wor-" Farshad began, but I cut him off.

"I want to, Farshad. I'm going to make us breakfast because I want to!" I said, firmly.

Farshad shot me his signature, spectacular smile which always made my heart skip a beat, before he grabbed his towel and entered the bathroom. I made my way to the kitchen and started to prepare some French toast, which I knew Farshad loved,  and tea.

Twenty minutes later, Farshad came out of the bathroom, wearing jeans and a V-neck T-shirt, whilst wiping his damp hair with a towel, and all I could do was stare at him, with my breath caught in my throat. How did I end up married to this hunk of a man was beyond me. Then it struck me, Allah is the One who made me lucky enough to be his wife.

"Smells nice! Let me guess what you made!" Farshad said, as he brought his towel down, leaving his damp hair messy and even more attractive.

"Go ahead," I said.