42. A test from Allah.

Farshad's P.O.V

Farshad's head was buried in his hands as he waited outside the operation theatre. All he could do right then was just pray. He was at the hospital for hours, and Aliyah was in the theatre for all that time.

Farshad knew that whatever was happening was a test from Allah. As worried as Farshad was, he had his trust in Allah because Allah had never let him down. When Farshad hardly had any hope that he'd get the girl he loved, Allah opened a way for him and now he was married to Aliyah. So Farshad knew that Allah had put him through this as a test for his imaan, but Allah would get him through.

A test from Allah was inevitable, because if everything were to be completely perfect, then everyone would forget Allah. And if Allah has created everyone to worship Him, He has to test His creation so that they can continue to worship Him with stronger faith because none other than Allah can remove them from their problems.

Farshad was deep in thought and prayers when he felt a hand on his shoulder. He looked up at the owner of the hand, and saw Umniyah there.

He stood up to greet his sister, and she engulfed him in a hug.

"Farsh! Be strong! Muhammad told me everything," Umniyah whispered to him.

"Pray for her, Umniyah," Farshad said. "That's what she needs."

"I know. She's my bestie, after all. Of course, I'm praying for her," Umniyah replied.

"How's Usaym?" Farshad asked.

"Oh, he's alright, Alhamdulillah. He's at work right now," Umniyah said.

"So where were you when Muhammad told you?" Farshad asked.

"Well, I had a patient when he called. My clinic is in the other wing. Luckily I didn't have any other appointments so I came straight here to the O.T," Umniyah said.

"Umni, you're a doc. Tell me the truth, will she be fine?" Farshad asked.

"Look, Farshad. Regarding bullet wounds, you work for the police force so you know the same amount of information that I do about these things. It's a shot in the back, so there's a chance that she'll be fine, as long as the bullet hasn't hit her spinal cord, and missed the major arteries and veins. I'm sure you already know that," Umniyah said.

"Yeah, I do," Farshad said, glumly. He didn't actually know if the bullet hit her spinal cord or not, so he couldn't take comfort in Umniyah's words.

"Keep praying for her. It's a test from Allah,"  Umniyah said.

"Yeah, I know," Farshad replied.

Farshad kept saying silent du'ahs, he kept praying to Allah for his wife. Umniyah was next to him, and having her around made Farshad feel much better because she could always offer him moral support. She would always ensure that her brother stayed strong.

A little while later, Muhammad came and sank into the seat next to Farshad.

"Salaam," Muhammad greeted.

"What happened?" Farshad asked.

"The guy is in jail now. The police came and took him. I was told to go to the police station on your behalf. His name is Lars Baker," Muhammad replied.

"The criminal brothers. One is in jail in one town and the other is in jail in the neighbouring town. I can never forgive that guy for shooting Aliyah!" Farshad said, clenching his fists.

"Bro, his aim was to shoot you. Sister-in-law came in to save you and she took the bullet!" Muhammad said.

"Yeah. Had it not have been for her, the bullet would have hit me straight in my chest, maybe entering through my heart. I wouldn't have survived, you know. She saved me," Farshad said, whispering the last part pitifully.