Chapter 2: Returning For An Unknown Reason

It's been 3 1/2 years since I left Zae behind. Now I have to go back because of a special meeting the council of elders has ordered, no one even knows what the meeting is about. All I know is that I have to face Zae again after all these years.

"We're here sweet pea," Zenrik said softly he knew I didn't want to be here.

"Welcome," the beta of the Seshore said. I could tell his rank and pack by smell.

"Thank you I'm Alpha Lightning, and this is my uncle and Beta Zenrik," I replied.

"It is a pleasure to have you here Alpha Lightning. My Alpha would be here, but he's currently talking to the elders. Your pack can chose to room in our old pack house or out in the forest where we have many cabins," he smiled at me.

"We will live in the old pack house for the short while of our stay," I smiled back.

I lead Zenrik and the pack to the old pack house. I could see that the Beta was surprised I knew where it was. Of course he wasn't at my old school, so of course he wouldn't know me.

After the pack finally got settled Zenrik, and Helant (my third in command) followed me to the meeting place.

"Alpha Lightning Welcome," Sherinne smiled at me.

"It is a pleasure to see you again Rinne," I smiled.

"Yes well now that your here we can get started. The reason for this meeting is the fact that we have found proof that their is a royal wolf still alive," I heard gasps everywhere around me." We do not know where though and have no clue how to find the royal."

"What has that got to do with us," an Alpha's voice rang across the circle he sounded familiar.

"We know that the Royal is among our area which is why we ask you have you seen everyone in your packs wolf forms?" Rindal asked he was Rinne's mate. They were the oldest elders of the werewolf community.

Everyone began to talk at once. The air filled with deafening voices. Which made me cringe in pain.

"Quite," Rinne shouted, "okay how about we start with Alpha Flamewright."

"All of the wolves who have shifted in my pack I have seen," he informed.

"Alpha Ringrel?"

He just nodded his head. It went that way until she reached the Alpha opposite me.

"Alpha Xang?"

"Everyone in my pack had been seen, but there was a wolf here a few years ago. Although we never saw her form we could smell her everywhere," he said. Must have been after I left.

Again she went around asking and finally I was the last one to be asked.

"Alpha Lightning?"

"I'll answer for my niece she hasn't lived with us long. The only wolf none of our pack has ever seen is our Alpha's herself," he said talking before I could.

"Yes, but Alpha Lightning is still to young to shift," Alpha Xang scoffed.

"I first shifted when I was 5," I growled.

"Then why haven't you shown your wolf?" Rindal asked kindly.

"A few years ago my mate rejected me. She was bullied constantly before I rejoined my pack so that was the final blow. My wolf has been to scared to be around other wolves and is basically a lone wolf, but being Alpha I can't become one. This is why when she is in control I make sure no other wolf is near us," I answered truthfully.

"I'm very sorry Alpha Lightning. You her Flansh," she said looking at Helant.

"Yes ma'am," he responded.

"Have you noticed anything strange on your territory?"

"There have been many reports of a strange looking wolf cub around, but we can never get close to her. From what I've heard a royal can become the size of a cub," he responded.

"Yes there have been many reports around here of a cub as well," Alpha Xang replied.

"Hmm next time you see her try to capture her. Do not harm her though, or else we could lose her for ever. She is most likely the Royal although she could be a cub in true form, and be too young to understand what she is," Rinne commanded.

After that most of the Alpha's left, but Alpha Xang came up behind me right as i was about to leave. I turned around to see what he wanted and almost gasped in surprise. Alpha Xang is Zae, my best friend, my mate, my rejector. He had grown up well, but no hint of recognition showed in his face.

"Yes," I said harshly.

"Alpha Lightning which pack are you from?" he questioned.

"The Solarmoon pack your the Alpha of the Seshore pack then?" I asked already knowing the answer.

"Yes and wow. I heard your mother died when you were 5. Your packs Alpha has always been a female right?"

"Yes. For reasons you wouldn't understand," I smiled grimly.

"Have you had any humans enter your territory in the last couple of years?" he asked.

"No why?" I replied.

"The girl I loved disappeared. She was a human and there has been no trace of her," he replied with a sigh.

"No I'm sorry," I said harshly. He must be talking about the girl he rejected me for.

"Well I'll take my leave now it was nice to meet you Alpha Lightning," he said.

"You to Zae " I responded without thinking.

"How did you know my name?" he asked as he quickly sun around.

"Your our host. Of course I'd research who my pack would be taken in by for the duration of the council," I laughed and then ran off.

I ran straight past my uncle into the room I had claimed. I might be able to block the mate connection because he rejected me. But seeing him after all this time was making me really sad. Why did it have to be him who was the Alpha now I wouldn't be able to avoid him even if I tried. It would be strange if one Alpha avoided another one.

"Vieniea. Are you alright," my uncle asked seeing my tear stricken face.

"It's hard to be back here, and know that they don't remember me," I whispered.

"Is your mate in this pack?" he asked sharply. I forgot that until today my uncle hadn't known that I was rejected.

"No I don't know what pack he's in," I lied.

"Alright sweetheart sweet dreams," he said kissing my forehead and leaving.

Once he was gone i took out my old photo album. The one that had the old me hiding behind fake glasses and baggy clothes, well smiling at Zae. Pictures from the time we were 6 until the day I had left, and broken my heart. I cried myself to sleep looking at the old pictures. The memories overflowing me.