Chapter 4: Injured Child

Chapter 4: The Injured Child

When I returned from my run my uncle was pacing frantically. When he saw me he let out a huge sigh of relief and pulled me into his arms.

"Don't you ever do that to me again Vi you scared me," he whispered.

"I'm sorry uncle I ran into a hunter," I said.

"You what?!" he screamed at me.

"Don't worry I'm fine. Anyway we have to get to the meeting," I said sighing.

We ran to the clearing we had all gathered at yesterday and I sat by an empty Alpha's seat at least I wasn't the last one today. We waited a few more minutes and then Zae came into view. No he can't looking around though I noticed the last free seat was beside me.

"Alpha Lightning," he greeted before sitting down.

"Alpha Seshore," I replied with a nod.

"Now that everyones here we can begin. There was another spotting of the wolf cub today as well as a hunter," Rinne started.

"Yea she's fast little," bugger Alpha Zerok said shaking his head.

"She's clearly a shifter, but it's like no one ever told her much about wolves," Alpha Flaron added.

"Yes but the problem is that we are going to be going against the Viperions very soon," Rinne said loudly.

Everyone growled l, but I didn't know why.

"Who are the Viperions?" I asked. Everyone turned to look at me in shock.

"The Viperions are a race like the mythical vampires. They are where the legends came from they drink blood as a ritual to increase their power, and use very dark magic. The last war we only won because of the GodessMoonMages, and the Royal pack of MoonShine. Now there are no GoddessMoonMages, and only one royal left," Rinne said sighing.

"Really you Elders are stupid," a voice hissed from the shadows.

Whatever it was scared me and I whimpered in fear. Suddenly a child screamed and ran towards us. It had cut marks all over him, and was shivering like mad. Tears going down his face.

"Luca?" I asked in pain.

"Sister," he cried running to me.

"You have two GoddessMoonMages in your midst now with the boy," the voice hissed again.

"What did you do to Luca," I screamed fire flaring all over my body.

"Not much although his blood is delicious. Thanks for that his father was another one, but you I can smell the power rolling of off you," he hissed.

I through fire at the trees it went right through them and I heard a yelp from my target. I was losing control and I couldn't stop I just wanted to kill the one who hurt Luca.

"Everyone get a way," Rinne shouted, "she's lost control and only a mate can calm down the GoddessMoonMage.and her rejected her."

"Sister please stop your scaring me," Luca whimpered.

Hearing his pain I stopped and stooped down in front of him. He looked so scared and it pained me, but right now he needed me with him. My poor little brother he's only 12 he didn't deserve this.

"Sh it's ok Luca," I said stroking his hair.

"How could he calm you down?" Rinne asked approaching my cautiously.

"This is my little brother Luca. I haven't seen him since he was 4 because he was living with his dad. My mom was his dads mate, but also my dads because she was a mixture of 2 species. She was killed 5 days after Luca was born," I said softly.

"Ok well let's get back to the meeting. Now that we know what Luca and Alpha Lightning are we have 2 invincible fighters on our hands," she smiled.

"Woah back up Rinne. Luca is not fighting this war," I growled, "he is too long and because he isn't a wolf exactly he takes longer to heal. He's barley 12 years old he isn't going off to war."

"Fine. Now then I think it's best that we all move to the surrounding towns immediately. We will have a war o our hands soon and I we are split of they can pick us off one pack at a time," she suggested.

"I agree," I said. I really wish I knew how to identify a royal wolf, but didn't want to ask and has them look at me weirdly again.

"Sister can we go home now," Luca muttered half asleep.

"Excuse me, but I have to go. Luca is very tired and I must treat his wounds," I said standing up and lifting Luca into my arms.

"I'll accompany you," Zae offered.

"That's a good idea. No one leave anywhere alone not even Alpha's it's too dangerous right now," Rindal commanded.

My protest died on my lips. I guess I'm stuck with him.

A few hours later I was finished patching up Luca and he was curled up in bed. Zae was looking at me weirdly when I sat down on the coach. I was exhausted and I didn't know why.

"You really shouldn't be doing so much right now," Zae whispered to me.

"Why not," I snapped irritated.

"It will endanger your pups life," he replied.

"I just save Luca that's not endangering his life," I hissed back.

"I'm taking about the baby your expecting," he growled.

"Haha very funny that's impossible," I laughed I'm a virgin I can't be pregnant.

"I can smell the pregnancy on you don't try to lie," he growled.

"I can't be," I whisper yelled at him.

"Look just go to sleep and see the pact doctor tomorrow trust me I'm right," he growled before leaving me alone.

I just went back to bed. I'd see the doctor tomorrow because I have been sick lately, but there's no way I could be pregnant. If I was I want to know how.