Chapter 12: Secrets Exposed

I woke up beside Zae the next morning smiling. He was awake and he had the most loving and adorable expression on his face. It was too much for me to resist and I kissed him. I meant for it to be a quick peck, but he nipped on my bottom lip making me grant him entrance. His tongue swirled with mine making my breathing heavier.

"Zae, Vi, breakfast. R called through the door, making us break apart as she proceeded to push it open.

The next thing I knew she was dropping the tray on the floor and screamed. I looked around the room, but I saw nothing that should make her scream. In moments though there were a bunch of people surrounding the door, and each one of them squealed in surprise at whatever they saw.

"Zae what's going on," I whispered.

"I think our packs have finally gone crazy Vi," he replied.

"We haven't gone crazy. We just should have known is all," Uncle Zenrik said walking in.

"What do you mean?" I asked confused.

"I mean we all should have known you were the royal wolf Vi. I mean you are the only wolf here that we have never seen shifted. Plus you don't know much about our kind, so it would make sense if you were ignorant. We shouldn't have to find out once we find the almost completed mating mark on your Alpha mate," he told me.

I just stared at him and then turned to look at Zae, in seconds we both bursted out laughing. We were laughing so hard that my sides began to ache and tears were pouring down my face.

"Vi they're telling the truth," my father said walking into the room.

"Oh yeah and how would you know?" I sneered at him.

"Because by blood I'm a royal as well. Although I'm not a true royal," he said like that explained everything.

"What do you mean?" Zae asked curiously.

"I mean once every thousand years the power of the royals skips a generation and the next royal will be three times as powerful as their ancestors," he said grimly.

"Wait, but this doesn't make any sense. Are you trying to say I'm going to be the ruler of both the GoddessMoonMages

and the weres?" I asked my eyes widening.

"No," he said and I sighed in relief.

"Thank goodness."

"I meant no you won't be. You already are Vi. You are the only child of mine who has gained the gene, and there are no other royals of either species left. You already are their Queen Vi, and once you and Zae fully mate he will become your King Consort," dad told me grinning the whole time.

"Wait one second here I thought royals of two species couldn't mate?" I said loudly.

"They aren't suppose to. Actually neither your mother or I knew the others heritage until you and Rivia were born Vi," dad said.

"Well that explains a lot then," Helant said as if he figured out the answer to why we exist.

"Like what?" Rinne asked.

"Think the Viperions seemed to be after something within Alpha Lightning's family. What if they knew one of them was a combined royal, and wanted her for themselves?"

Helant's remark sent everyone in the room into panic mood. Zae wrapped around me protectively and growled at anyone who came near me.

"ENOUGH!" I yelled.

Everyone cowered before me. The fear in their eyes was unmistakable, but at the same time I could sense the respect they had for me.

"We will get no where arguing," Zae said reading my mind.

"Which is why everyone, but Zae's mother can leave the room. Zae only just woke up he doesn't need all this commotion," I growled at them loudly.

Once everyone left Clarissa began to check Zae's vital signs. Luckily everything seemed fine with him even though he'd been in a coma for such a long time.

"Now your turn sweetpea," she said turning to me.

Clarissa got out a special camera that was used on werewolves. X-rays and ultrasounds used for a human baby were to weak to show one of ours, and they could also be poisonous to our children. So these cameras were invented that were more powerful then an ultrasound, but also less dangerous.

"So is our child alright mother?" Zae asked worried.

"Yes. Although you should say children you two are having triplets," she smiled at us widely. "You must have a very powerful mind son."

"Mother!" Zae exclaimed well blushing.

"Oh hush. It's not my fault you got your mate pregnant through the fantasies you had of her. Do you want to know the babies sex?" she asked me.

"No let it be a surprise. Although triplets should be impossible for werewolves. Twins are the most we get and usually one or both die before they are born," I said worried.

"Don't worry sweetheart. A royals baby can't die at all after the fourth month, and they are safe from harm until they are two months old," Clarissa reassured me.

"Mother I still don't understand how the triplets were conceived," said Zae exasperatedly.

"Zae it's because she's a royal of two sides. The added effects make all of her natural powers more powerful, plus all of her wolf powers are tripled that," his mother laughed shaking her head.

"Clarissa," I warned. I didn't like the way she was teasing my mate that's my job.

She sighed seeming sad, "you know you two are lucky. Your fathers true mate was my sister Vi. If they had mated you two could have never been together. Now your children will be royals of two species and have the power of two Alpha's," she said ignoring my warning somewhat.

After that Clarissa left. Zae and I were growing more in love as the days passed. The security was upgraded, and I wasn't allowed to go anywhere on my own.

My babies are due any day now, and I know everyones anxious because they thought I wouldn't complete my mating with Zae. Even if I didn't want to I have to now there is no way the spell will work on all three, and since my mother only said one of my children would become it I had no way of knowing which one it would be. I also hid one other secret from everyone.

The true reason the Viperions want me isn't because of my bloodlines. The reason they want me is because they know that every time I give birth when I'm not fully mated to my mate one or more of my children will become a death wolf. That's not all there is also the prophecy.

"A royal by two as well as an Alpha as well and an Alpha's mate will one day be rejected. If she has a child from him without being mated they will turn to death wolves.

But if she has a child by any other not only will her child turn evil, but the royal blood in her will turn her into the evil Queen of the Viperions. Making her the cruel ruler of three. The father of that child would be her King, and the world will be thrown into chaos.

The only way to stop this curse once it's set in motion is for either the Queen of three to die. Or for her to eat her Childs heart. So Alpha mate of the beloved Queen do not let her go, or you have doomed us all."

That's the prophecy. My future if Zae and I don't finish mating as soon as our triplets our born. If not I will destroy the world or our child will. I can not force Zae to go through with it though.

If he decides he doesn't want me then once are children are born I will use all of my power to break their bloodties to me which would revert the curse before it began in them. Although doing this will kill me, and leave both species without a royal wolf. They'd also become carbon copies of their father and be like cells as of they were asexual cells children born to one parent. It would also leave them pure wolf and they had a high chance of not having a mate out there. So Zae please accept us or it will be my death and our species demise.