5

(a/n: unedited bc it's almost six am and i'm a tired pup)

Jacob Bixenman

The boy opens the door, me being just in time to catch his arm and wrap and arm around his waist before he could fall.

"Troye!" I exclaim, watching as his eyes fall shut and he goes limp in my hold.

I bend down and wrap an arm around his legs, picking him up and carrying him to the spare bed.

"Troye, what's happened?" I try to shake him awake once I set him on the blanket. I get no response from the boy with blood dripping down his face.

"Troye," I repeat, shaking his shoulder.

And that's when he starts fidgeting.

"Can you hear me? It's Jacob. Jacob Bixenman."

His body jumps into what I'd assume to be shock, his arm and legs thrash around while he squirms around and his teeth chatter. My eyes widen and I jump into action, turning him onto his side and watching with wide eyes. His body continues jumping and twitching around, his eyes rolling to the back of his head.

"Troye Sivan Mellet, I swear to god if you die in my house I will have you reincarnated and sue you in your next life too!" I shout, trying to find some comfort in the seizing boy.

When his body finally relaxes and he falls into his back, I sigh and calm down a tad. Noticing the blood coming from his ears and nose, I know what I have to do. This boy needs to be seen.

Troye Sivan

I never have hated anything more than the rhythmic tone of a heart monitor. Honestly, I'd rather flat-line than ever have to hear that annoying beep again.

So you can imagine my irritation when I woke up hearing said annoying beep. Feeling the clamp of a pulse oximeter on my index finger, the pinch of a needle in my arm, and the itchy thick hospital blanket on my lap. I groan, gaining the attention of both a female doctor and of course... Jacob Bixenman.

"You're awake." The doctor smiles, walking to the side of the bed.

Jacob follows and stares down at me intently, making me want to shrivel up into a ball and hide away for the rest of my days.

"What happened?" I ask, completely knowing what must have happened. Mostly because it has happened before. I knew this would happen. My body shut down from lack of insulin.

"You passed out, had a seizure, and so I took you here, they diagnosed pneumonia and severe malnourishment." Jacob says, eyes thankfully averting to the floor, almost as if this were his fault. I mean, it completely is, but I almost didn't want him to know that. He almost looks shameful; guilty. It's an upsetting look on him.

I sit up in the bed and take the pulse oximeter off of my finger.

"That's not all, my blood sugar is at an all time low. I haven't had an insulin shot in over a week." I mutter, ignoring the doctor's panicked look of disapproval for taking the finger clamp off.

She nods, "Do you have diabetes?"

I nod yes as if it were obvious, "Type one."

"We're gonna have to do some tests to be sure, I'll be back momentarily." She excuses herself and goes to find a blood sugar test.

And of course, guess who was right???? Definitely not me, it's not like I've been living with the disease my entire life.

She gasps as she reads back how terribly low my blood sugar is, gawking and turning to the medicine cabinet. She unlocks it and pulls out a bottle of insulin, picking up a one cc syringe and needle from the container next to her. Opening up the plastic of the syringe and needle, she twists open the bottle of clear heaven to my body and draws it up in the syringe.

The doctor turns back to me and uncaps the needle.

"Where do you usually take it?" She asks.

"Thigh," I mutter and pull down the blanket.

Glancing up at the two, I notice Jacob still watching my every move as if I were a trophy he's scared of breaking. I turn my attention back to what's at hand and unbutton the trousers Jacob lent me. I tug them down a bit and watch the doctor do her work, angling the needle in my skin and injecting the sugary sweet medicine in my bloodstream. I honestly don't know if it is sugary sweet, I just like to think of it like that because it's comforting.

Sighing as she pulls out the needle, I breathe out heavily and lay back against the bed.

I pull the blanket up over my stomach, not feeling well enough to pull my trousers back up. Letting my body relax, I focus on the squared ceiling of the room.

"Um, it's not my business but sir, why didn't you take your insulin for over a week? Are things alright at home?" The doctor, her tag reads Susan Bishop, speculates, making Jacob breathe in sharply.

When I don't respond she takes that as a rejection.

"Alright, understandable. Not my business. I can write you a prescription for your medications and have you on your way." She chirps and types away on the computer by the wall.

"That won't be necessary," I mumble, knowing well enough that I won't be able to afford it.

"Sir, it's mandatory that you-"

"Miss, write it up." Jacob steps in, making me snap my head down to glare at him.

She murmurs an alright and paces out the door to go print out the script. That leaving the two of us alone.

"You know I can't afford that," I mutter, averting my eyes away from his strong, bold ones.

"I'm paying for the expenses."

Something in me kind of ticks, flicking on a switch in my mind.

"Damn right you are," I whisper, "You took all of my money."

I glance at him to see his harsh glare, making me cower down in seconds.

"Watch it."

"I-I'm sorry," I stammer, my throat feeling dry.

The feeling grows stronger, adding a slight itch in the mix. I cough into my palm, my throat burning as I sputter up blood in my hand. Leaning back, I groan and wipe my bloody lips with the back of my hand, setting my hand down and rubbing the blood onto the thick white blanket.

Jacob's gaze falters as he frowns, giving me a pitiful look.

"And I guess you can stay in the guest room until you get better." He sighs, scratching the back of his neck.

"Really?" I ask in disbelief.

It can be quite hard to trust the man who pulled the rug up from under my feet not two weeks ago.

He nods, "Really. But you're going to earn your stay. Make yourself useful."

I swallow down my blood and terribly timed butterflies, nodding in understanding and giving him an appreciative smile.

"Alright, deal."

And so I accepted, not even knowing what the catch was yet. I guess we'll find out soon.

-

a/n: i wouldn't be surprised if one of you attacked me for saying the word soon right there^^^

i will see you, ya angel, in the next chapter. see you then kiddo