37

Troye Sivan

"Alright, Mister Bixenman, I'm your doctor, doctor Rumford, and I'll be taking care of you tonight." The kind gentleman who has been taking care of Jacob introduces himself, Jacob nodding along.

"You've thankfully sustained no permanent damage to the wound. We've started you on morphine and stitched you up."

"Do you feel any pain? Any discomfort?" He questions, receiving a fortunate no from the man I'm clung to.

"Alright, that's good. Any questions for me?" He asks.

"When can I get out of here?" Jacob inquires, a hand rubbing my back slowly.

The man flips through his papers attached to a clipboard and hums, "Tomorrow morning? How does that sound?"

"That sounds alright." He responds, nodding at the doctor.

"Anything else?" He adds.

Doctor Rumford shakes his head, "No, that will be all. I'm just a call away if needed, though the techs are here all night if you need an extra blanket or something to eat."

Jacob nods along, letting out a low alright. They exchange goodbyes and the doctor is headed out of the room, leaving us alone. I look up at my charm of a boyfriend to see him starting to doze off.

"You sleepy?" I ask.

He nods, "Yeah."

"Get some sleep. I'm not going anywhere." I whisper, pressing a kiss to his hand.

He nods and scoots down the bed until he's face to face with me. A short sweet kiss goodnight and he closes his eyes, getting some sleep and leaving me to my thoughts.

Where will we go from here? Is he going to have to fire half of his staff for betraying him to Ben J Pierce? Are we safe? How crazy is the media going to go? What kind of way is this to live?