30

Troye Sivan

A soft kiss to my forehead is how I wake, fluttering my eyes open to find myself still in Jacob's room, him leaning over the bed to press a kiss to my skin. I smile up at him, looking down his body to see him suited up once again.

"What time is it?" I ask, my voice hoarse and low.

He smiles back, sitting down on the edge of the bed next to me, "Seven twenty-three, about to head off for work."

I tilt my head to the side, giving him a funny look.

"Don't you want me to come with?" I inquire.

He shrugs, waving me off and scoffing, "Only if you want to. You're not exactly needed there right now, it's just nice having an assistant that I know isn't using me for money or hates me."

I frown, "Bix."

He covers up that subtle frown, "Hey, silly, that's Jacob to you."

"Sorry, sorry. Jacob," I correct myself, eyes widened in my little mistake.

He nods, "'s alright. So, do you want to go? If not, you can stay in here as long as you wish. Maybe wait for me until I get back?"

I curve my lips up into a small smile, "I can go with, if you think it's okay for me to be there right now."

"Of course it is, it's my building and my incorporation. If they don't like you then they are welcome to walk out the fucking door." He says, taking me for a turn.

I blink, obviously surprised, "A-alright. Didn't know you cared that much."

He furrows his brows, shaking his head, "Of course I do. You're not just anyone to me."

"Are you wanting to come with?" He offers, changing the subject before I can get too invested.

I nod, "Sure, yes, I'd love to."

I sit up and let out a little yawn, covering my mouth and hiding my face from him. He chuckles and waits, reaching forward and cupping my jaw in his hand, looking at me with those beautiful hazel eyes. I lean into his touch, not able to help the pink that dusts over my cheeks.

He only makes the moment more desirably sweet, leaning forward and kissing my forehead. I titter and tilt my chin up, kissing his cheek back.

"We are disgusting." He whispers.

I can't help but grin, loving that.

"Good. 'm gonna get ready, you can wait in the car if you'd like." I mumble, staring out behind him where the bedroom door is opened.

He leans back and quirks a brow up, "Calling the shots, aye?"

I quickly shake my head, "No. No, not at all."

He chuckles, "Good. Meet you in the Rover in ten."

...

The first step in the door and I'm scoffed at, Jacob pushing me forward in front of him so I don't turn around and run away. A group of workers are huddled by the front desk, gossiping away. And I'm quite sure they're gossiping about me.

"Charles, Dickens, Roberts, Richards, and Stone!" Jacob sighs, slipping forward and taking my hand, he catches their attention.

They look over, faces flushed and eyes wide.

"Yes... sir?" Richards says, acting so innocent. I used to know him, I know it's an act. He's the one that would stand on the table in the break room giving speeches on how we don't need to take what Mr Bixenman gives us. That we could move up to higher class.

He really does think he's the shit.

Jacob steps forward, dragging me with, "Get to work."

They all groan, making him clench his jaw.

"Boss, we're on break!" Stone whinges.

"You aren't anymore. To work or you're fired. And if my love life is so fucking important to you, take up a career in journalism instead. You're wasting both yours and my time." He challenges, keeping his head up high as he struts past them, leading us to the lift.

Once we're alone he looks back and forth in both directions, glancing at me then pressing the button for the lift.

"Are you alright?" He inquires, staring straight ahead at the wall, fingers still twirled with mine.

I nod, "Mhm."

"That was badass." I whisper.

He chuckles, "Was it?"

The doors open and we step in, him pressing the button to his top floor.

"Uh huh, you're like my Boss Daddy."

His grin only grows stronger, staring down at me.

"You're somethin'." He murmurs.

"And proud."

-

a/n: in this house we love and respect cupcakKe, dua lipa, olivia obrien, banks, kehlani, kesha, billie eilish, and zara larsson (and much others) RT. if you sleepin on my queens pls wake up (gnight)