Chapter 3

Merida awoke early and went downstairs to raid the kitchen. She found nothing "Does this house have nothing to eat?!" She thought to herself.

Hiccup heard Merida get up and quietly snuck out of his room to see what she was doing. He found her looking in a cabinet.

Hiccup: "Good morning bed head."

She turned around and stuck her tongue out at him. "Have ye got nothin' to eat around here? I need me breakfast!"

Hiccup smiled, "Actually, I'm afraid not." We'll have to go fishing."

Merida looked at him, "fishing?"

...

Outisde, Hiccup boarded Toothless. Merida got on after him. They flew to the nearest river.

Hiccup: So, have you ever fished before?"

Merida shot an arrow into the water. She pulled it out and a fish was dangling off the end. "Yeah, once. With me Mum."

Hiccup: "I thought your mom was the queen."

Merida: "Yeah, well.. we only went fishing because me mum.. I kinda turnt 'er into a bear.."

Hiccup's eyes grew wide, but he didn't ask any questions. "Oh, wow."

Merida: "Yeah."

They fished some more and cooked the fish over a small fire.

...meanwhile...

Jack woke up to find everyone out of the room, except for Rapunzel. She was up and pacing the room. 

He chuckled, "What're you doing?"

Rapunzel: "Merida and Hiccup are gone, what are we suppose to do now?"

Jack: "Relax, I saw them leave on his dumb dragon early this morning."

Rapunzel: "What could they be doing so early? We have to find Maleficent."

Jack: "Like I said, relax, Punzie, we're fine. We have plenty of time, the day's still young."

Rapunzel: "Okay, okay." She took a deep breath.