Chapter 17

Merida showed Hiccup to a room. Toothless managed to squeeze himself through the door.

Merida: "Alright then, if you're comfortable.."

Hiccup: "We're fine."

Merida: "Okay, I'll just- uh -yeah." She left, gently closing the door behind her. 

Hiccup smiled and didn't notice Toothless walk past him. He turned to the bed to see Toothless stretched across it, almost breaking it.

"Toothless.." Hiccup sighed, "Down, boy."

Toothess ignored him. 

"Down," Hiccup said a little bit louder.

Toothless got up. Hiccup laid down on the bed and pulled the covers over himself just before he felt the dragon nuzzle up against him. The bed creaked.

"Toothless! You're going to break this thing!" Hiccup hoarsely whispered.

In return, Toothless didn't move, pretending to be asleep.

"Ahh! Fine!" Hiccup whispered, and before long, he too fell asleep.

...

Jack sat up quick! He was breathing hard. He was physically unable to sweat, but he would have if her were a normal human. Feeling something was wrong, he got up from the roof he had been resting on. The night was dark still. Nothing seemed to move, except for the wind which lightly blew his hair.

"Something's up." Jack talked to himself. Flying up into the air, he headed toward the forest. Not exactly sure what he was looking for, he decided he'd turn back when he saw a glow a little ways away. Slowly, he approached it. He held up his staff for protection against... whatever this was going to be.

As he got closer, he realized the light was a lantern. One like the ones in Rapunzel's kingdom. It hung next to a cave. Jack entered. He heard wimpering...and someone mumbling something.

Jack peeked over some rocks to find the back of a blonde girl's head. She was hugging her knees. 

"Rapunzel?"

"Ah!" She turned around quick and aimed her frying pan at him.

"Woah, woah," He put his hands up in the air.

Rapunzel: "Oh, Jack." she lowered the frying pan. She was shivering.

Jack: "Are you okay, Punz?"

Rapunzel nodded, still trembling.

Jack sat down next to her and laid down his staff beside him. "Shh, it's okay. It's okay." He stroked her head and kissed her lightly on the forehead.

She half smiled and wiped her tear stained face.

Jack: "What's wrong Punzie?"

Rapunzel didn't answer for a while. Then she sighed and said, "I... I was afraid.."

Jack: "Afraid of what?"

Rapunzel: "Her. Going back to that awful tower. I felt like..."

Jack: "Like what?"

Rapunzel: "Like she was watching me. Like she is planning to come for me."

Jack hugged her close. "Don't worry. No one will come get you, not as long as I live."

Rapunzel smiled and looked at Jack. She knew he was immortal. She felt comforted. 

Without thinking, Rapunzel leaned forward and kissed him. 

"Thank you, Jack." She whispered.

~-~-~-~-~

A/N: So yep! We got romance! If anyone is reading my story, Thank You! I would really love some comments or votes. Please, please, please tell me how I'm doing! Should I continue adding to this story? I only started writing it because of my recent fandom of Mericcup and Jackunzel, so this is just for fun, but still.  Again, THANK YOU SO MUCH if you are reading this! And bare with me. :)