Chapter 1 - Edited

Julia's POV

I couldn't help but hear the sound of my heartbeat pumping rapidly as my sister Ashlee jumped on my bed to wake me up for school while I was in the middle of a nightmare and it was definitely not the best way to start the morning. 

"Wake up, you lazy bum," she teased and proceeded to climb on my bed and started to jump on the bed, making the mattress bounce along with her movement. She didn't know that I was silently praying that she'd eventually fall off the edge of the bed. 

It was so early in the morning for Ashlee to annoy me. God, I wanted to run her over with a truck. 

Ashlee Greene was my younger sister. She was pretty and matured looking and it usually resulted to people mistaking her as an eighteen year-old, three years older than she actually was.

"Get off," I groaned and stirred out of sleep. "Ashlee please get off before I knock you off." 

She actually got off which was a miracle, considering the fact that she didn't usually obey orders. "Seriously Julia, get up. Aunt Carla's pancakes are almost ready and you've got only an hour left before you get the hell out of this house and go off to school like a normal gloomy teenager who hates education."

I reached out for my phone and pressed on my home screen that revealed the time. 6:35. 

Miraculously, I got out of my blanket burrito and stretched my body and cracked my knuckles. Slumping my shoulders, I slipped my bunny slippers and proceeded to the bathroom with my towel, leaving Ashlee in my room Candy crush on her phone. 

I turned the shower on immediately and turned the little faucet to the right to signal the little thermos to heat up. 

I hung my towel on the rack and laid my phone on the dry side of the sink where it played songs from the late 90's. 

As I savored the feeling of relaxation as the water poured down on me, my cellphone rang. Turning off the shower and stopping the savoring, I patted my hands dry on the towel and reached out for my phone and checked the caller ID. 

Lora Collins. A lunatic who possessed brown hair and gray eyes who she also called 'best friend' was calling me. Mine and Lora's friendship was like the rest, I guess. But I was more than thankful to have befriended her. 

"Hello?" I answered, droplets of water trickling down my forehead. 

"Julia, I'm at the freaking bus stop right now," Lora's loud voice practically echoed in the shower room. "What are you doing right now? It's six effin' thirty already!"

Sighing, I told her, "I was savoring the best shower in my life. Everything was perfect, until I saw your name on my screen."

Her giggle was audible on the other end. "We love a bitch."

Laughing as well, I began to comb through my wet hair with my fingers and decided to stop showering and get ready to attend hell. "I've searched him on Facebook," I said, biting on a fingernail. 

"You're talking about that hot creep who follows you around?" she inquired and I hummed in response. She clicked her tongue. "William Cooper, is it?"

"Yes, it is," I answered. I was gnawing crazily at my finger like a beaver and continued, "the worst thing is that he goes to our school."

She could feel Lora nodding at what she said even if she wasn't actually visible. "Have you told anyone about him?"

A sly grin tugged from the corner of my lips. "Let's not. I mean, we all get why he's stalking me. And that's because I'm hot as fuck, so let's not say anything to anyone."