Chapter 4 - Edited

Once we both entered the classroom that was painted in a plain and boring beige, my eyes scanned quickly at the classroom, finding two vacant seats. I didn't search too far, mostly because I had to squint my eyes to find a good spot and so I stuck to the chairs that were close to the chalkboard and right beside the window. I nodded to the two empty seats and Lora shrugged, following me and we both took a seat and settled. 

My attention was clearly being taken towards the view right outside the window. I glanced at Lora who was busy with her phone and so I took the opportunity to sketch. I bent down to my backpack on the floor and took out my sketchpad and a pencil from a random zipped pocket because who on earth actually owns a pencil case? I know I don't. 

I sighed before pointing my pencil down on the paper and let my hand run free. The pencil lead ran across the page, my right hand sketching trees and my left hand readying the eraser for any mistakes. I bit my lip as I always did when I was concentrating and this moment is one of it. My trees looked like bushes on a barbeque stick and I decided to draw myself. I groaned quietly, clearly unsatisfied with the work. I shook my head and began scribbling on the pad and drew a circle with a straight line and four connected sticks to act as the hands and feet, and random circles to act as the blob of hair. I smiled to myself before drawing an arrow that pointed to my creation, labeling it: Me.

I continued with whatever I was drawing, and I realized that I had already drawn three stickmen, one for me and Lora which were holding hands next to a bonfire where the third stickman, which I labeled as William was burning in a bush with a shocked expression. All I had to do was replace my letter U as the smiley face to a shocked letter O. I put my pencil down and nodded in satisfaction with my intricate detailing. DaVinci could never.

I cracked my knuckles and faced Lora who I noticed was staring right at me. With so much enthusiasm, I raised my drawing to her, grinning widely. "Look, look," I pointed to the two stick women, "You, me," and pointed to the burning bush where my stalker was impaled like a kebab. "And that's William." 

I couldn't hold back the laughter and so I turned to a fit of silent laughs. I never made a sound when I laughed except when I need to gasp for air; on the other hand, Lora sounds like a machine gun. I expected at least a cheeky smile from Lora but when I finished laughing, she looked uncertainly at me, as if what I was holding was lethal. 

"Put," she whispered, "that down." The last two words were firmer and so I put it down on my desk and folded it neatly before tucking it away in a random notebook in the depths of my backpack. 

I shrugged and gave Lora a tightlipped smile. "Why'd you tell me to put it down?" I questioned. 

Her lips remained pursed and my eyebrows shot up and I was later full-on grinning. "Are you scared that he'll find out what I've been drawing?"

With her hands clasped firmly on top of her desk, she shook her head slowly, still not breaking eye contact. A moment of silence encased us both until she exhaled carefully and mouthed, "Behind."

My eyebrows were knitted together and I turned my body to look at whoever she was trying to point out. My eyes drifted to the girl sitting behind her. Her face was stuffed in a book, her eyes quickly skimming the words of whatever she was reading. When I shifted back to my normal sitting position, I asked, "Are you into her?"

"What? No, what I mean-" She cut herself off by closing her eyes momentarily before taking a deep breath. "What I meant was..."

The curiosity was building up in my stomach. "Uh-huh?"

She stayed silent and I scoffed. That was when the silent room was then filled with light tapping of a pencil or a pen, I couldn't tell. Suddenly, my phone buzzed from the inside of my pocket and I unlocked it, only to read a message from Lora in big, bold capital letters. BEHIND YOU, YOU NUT.