Chapter 18

That's it. I give up. I have rummaged and messed up my neatly folded clothes in my closet. I couldn't find anything to wear.

I punched in Lora's number.

"Hello?"

"Lora, could you tell me what clothes I should wear?"

"You called me for this? Girl, you look stunning in everything. Just wear cute shorts and a cute tee shirt. Pair it off with some Converse."

"Okay then." I sighed. "I'll meet you there."

I went back to my ruined closet and found a cute Monsters Incorporated shirt and a pair of shorts. "I guess this will do." I mumbled to myself.

I laced my Converse shoes and tied my hair into a high ponytail. I looked at myself in the mirror and my eyes trailed down to my make-up kit on my vanity mirror. Should I even wear makeup?

I shrugged and decided not to. Natural beauty is far better than a pail of chemicals on your face.

I went downstairs to find Will leaning on the living room wall with his skateboard. He gazed up at me as I walked down the stairs. I was a but self-conscious. He smiled.

"You look beautiful." He said.

"Oh really?" I questioned.

"Definitely. Are you ready to go?"

"Sure am."

Just then, Ashlee popped out of nowhere with her phone camera out. "Say cheese you two!"

The camera flashed. My eyes hurt a bit from its brightness. "Ashlee!"

"Oh my freaking gosh." She pointed at Will. "You're going to be my handsome brother-in-law!"

Will blushed and said nothing.

I walked over to the kitchen counter and got a Snickers in the candy bowl.

"Let's go." I told Will and he nodded.

Ashlee giggled as we went out the door. "Have a good intimate time you two!"

Before I could fully close the door, I shot a glare at her. "I'm going to freaking kill you when I come home."

***

I called out to Lora from a distance. She couldn't hear me. She was giggling and blushing with Ralph. Giggling, giggling, then she planted a kiss on his cheek.

WOAH LORA.

I tip-toed quietly behind her tapped on her shoulder. I was smiling and laughing as I did. "You like Ralph!"

She turned to face me quickly and covered my mouth with her hand. "Shut up! Shut up I tell you!"

Will slapped Ralph's back just like how Ralph slapped his when he knew that he was lucky to have me.

I grabbed Lora by hey wrist and dragged her away from the boys. "Tell me how this happened." I demanded.

She bit her lip, unable to control the smile that escaped. "He likes me. He confessed."

I gave her a bear hug. I could barely contain my happiness for her. "Really? When?"

"Yesterday. When Will walked you home. He said that he had feelings for me and he asked if I would accept him as my boyfriend. And I said yes."

This is it. Lora and I finally have boyfriends.

Ralph stared at Lora and smiled.
She giggled flirtatiously and twiddled a strand of her dark hair.

"Ralph," I called. "Could I have a moment to talk?"

He followed me to a place where Lora couldn't hear us.

"Ralph." I said sternly.

"Yes? What do you want?" He asked.

"I trust you with Lora. I don't want you to hurt her."

"Why would I even do that?"

"She had an ex."

"What?"

It was true. She had an ex named Joshua. They've been a couple in Montelea High for three years. Every morning they'd meet outside of their classrooms to talk or sometimes make out. As months fly by, Lora's grades began to slip but she didn't care. All she cared about was Joshua.
Until everything in her love life went crashing down.

On Montelea High's Valentine's day culmination program.

She roamed around the campus to look for Joshua, her Valentine.

What she didn't know was that Joshua died the night before Valentine's day from a car crash.
Lora heard the news and her heart shattered. She wouldn't talk, she wouldn't eat, she wouldn't even show up during class hours. Because she was so hurt.
And I don't want Ralph to make her go through that shitty pain again.

I explained Lora's past to Ralph.

"Damn." He said.

"So promise me that you'll never hurt her. Because if you do, I'll shove a sledgehammer down your throat." I warned.

"Yes. I promise to never break her heart."

Lora tickled my waist. "Let's go skating now!"

I removed her hands from my waist and raised an eyebrow at her questioningly. "Do you even know how to skate?"

"Well no, but I'm sure Ralph can teach me." She walked up to Ralph and he played with her hair.

"Of course I can."

"Then come on." Will said. He grabbed my waist and pushed it near his. I felt a bit awkward with this position.

"Will?" I questioned.

"Yes?"

"Is this what they call a hug walk?"

"Do you feel uncomfortable?"

It didn't actually feel  uncomfortable. It was just new to me.

He kissed the top of my head. "I just want the people to know that you're mine."

I smiled. "And I'm yours."

❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤

Vote, Comment and Share

With so much love and chicken nuggets,
Brit❤